WOW trasko sure did good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can see the particles, they would have been caught by the FF filter anyway.

The neked eye can only see down to 60 micron or so. FF filters can usually remove 25(+/-)Your by-pass filter can remove particles less than 3 microns and some even less than 1 micron.

Interesting photo's though
lol.gif
I like pictures of oil and filters
cheers.gif

A filter that can stop visible metal fragments is not a medical breakthrough as Sparks so cooly pointed out....

Maybe this whole thing is tonque and cheek, but yeah I like photos!

Metal particles? That scares me....so where did these mystery particles come from?

The trasko's own filter element composed of kiln-dried paper. The machine is 1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L 6 cylinders.

quote:

Originally posted by sifan:
What kind of filter element is it? What machine is this bypass filter installed on?

msspark & pablo: Yeah, I agree with you it would stop by FF filter with 60 micron particle.

I do not know where the metal particles comes from. How do i identify the metal particles. I drive lot hard acceleration, offroad 4x4 trails and sometime running idling cause stress on 4.0 motor.

I changed my Trasko filter element this past weekend ('03 Toyota Highlander, 3.0L engine),and I didn't have anything like what you show. The formed mesh screen had a few dozen holes plugged up with small particles, and the bottom screen didn't have anything in it. I couldn't feel anything gritty on top of the paper element, either.

Pablo - I tried test with few of magnets and it seems not attach to the magnet. Must be soot or sludge?

slalom44 - Yeah, One of my friend who has trasko and his doesnt have anything show up on his mesh or top of the TP.

It must be do with soot or sludge. I tried test with magnets to see if it attach to the magnet but it did not affect anything to the magnet. Obiviously it has do with sludge or soot somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back