WoW !! After reading my THOUGHTS have CHANGED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Johnny
Well, all I can say is don't believe everything you read, especially from that site.

+1

I came across it right after a find of 30 quarts of Kendal 5W-50 Full Synthetic ELITE motor oil. Being an older product and out of CAFE range, my thought is it might be high in PHOS & ZDDP. That is what I am after. I was weary of the 50 weight but then read the article that got me excited on the 30 quart find. Having a 4 cyl in Fl heat that id a DOHC motor chain driven I am on the wall. I am familiar that Honda recommends different weight oil based upon location out of U.S. on the same motors that the CAFE & GOV'T here forces the manufacturer to recommend the available 5W-30. So I am now wondering whether or not to take the 30 quart plunge.

Originally Posted By: Stockman
your really gonna take advice from a website that looks like its from the mid 90s?

Must put all their money in their oil formula
crackmeup2.gif

your really gonna take advice from a website that looks like its from the mid 90s?

I'd look around here before saying that.
I don't think flashy webpages are a substitute for a data's legitimacy.
If it were, this site might not make the cut either.

Originally Posted By: PurplePride

I'd look around here before saying that.
I don't think flashy webpages are a substitute for a data's legitimacy.
If it were, this site might not make the cut either.

this sites structure is amazing compared to synlubes. so you think all the data on that site is legitimate?

Note the many statements of "fact" that come straight from Synlubes site:

"OK the final scoop on SAE 5W-20 and SAE 0W-20 oils:
You will definitely get better mileage with SAE 5W-20 then SAE 5W-30 oil, but not by much, usually the optimistic estimates are LESS than 1%. The bad news is about 30% reduction in engine life (from 100,000 miles or 10 years to 70,000 miles or 7 years)."

OK, lets stop and think about that. My last three vehicles have gone 300K miles on 0W20..... and they act like they could go 300K more. No, I am not claiming that they will, but they sure seem like it. Yet Synlube makes a statement of fact that my motor will only last 70K on 5W20.

Do you suppose they have any facts to back up ANYTHING that is on their site.....
Glad to hear that such wise people can make an oil that never needs to be changed!!! PT Barnum has many students it seems!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: joflewbyu2
After reading the article thoroughly twice, this old dog might try a new trick. Not necessarily the product, but different viscosity such as full synthetic 5-50. See:
http://www.synlube.com/faq.htm
http://www.synlube.com/sae5w-20.htm

I suggest you read a whole bunch here to balance those opinions.

Thicker is not necessarily better. It may have been that way in the past, but not nowadays. Technology has increased quality of thin oils to levels that people could only dream about from a 1978 point of view.

Originally Posted By: joflewbyu2
After reading the article thoroughly twice, this old dog might turn a new trick.
Try it out in your rig and see if you like it!

I tried it for 73000 kilometers in one car.
I really liked it, and it performed really good.

Reduced oil consumption and reduced noise from engine, springs to mind.

Had to drain it, because I was going to try other products.
Have taken care of the used Synlube, and will use it later.

People at this board that is trying to tell others what Synlube is capable of or not, without trying it, should find something better to do.

It is like if a virgin should try to tell a prostitute how to do her "job".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back