Would like input on which starter brand for my truck

I’d go with the AC Delco remanufactured… when I bought a starter for my 77 F250 Super Cab (460), that was the most attractive one (price-wise) from RockAuto. It had a shield that the original (I’m guessing) lacked. No problems so far.

probably but fixing it myself would be pretty easy or i would just get another one. I think for the low cost of starters a electric motor shop would cost more than just buying a starter.
It's true. I say if it lasted this long, I'd consider fixing it.

I just don't like playing the reman lottery with starters and alternators personally.

Read up on DB Electrical. I'm under the impression they make good stuff. I could be wrong, check them out.

I have decided to ditch the 10mt starter and go with the pg260m. I like the benefits it offers.

Reactions: D60
Bought a used starter. Took it all apart and cleaned and inspected it. Installed with new gm bolts. Works great but i definitely miss the iconic chevy starter sound. But i think the pros outweigh the lame sound.

Attachments

• F0BC74B9-D2C7-4042-9BB7-B5E4805B2DE1.jpeg
    F0BC74B9-D2C7-4042-9BB7-B5E4805B2DE1.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 18
I sport a Denso gear reduction unit- chev application. Trouble free starting for years.....and years.
I think the performance aftermarket was taking Denso, Mitsu or Hitachi starters and adapting them to SBC/BBC and Ford V8s for a while.

Back