Would a monster broadcast siren negate the massive rise in carjackings?

Because it comes down to one simple fact. Are they ready to kill someone? That is the question that everyone that carries has to ask themselves. If you pull the gun you had better be ready to use it.

I am all for carrying but along with that comes the responsibility of being proficient with the firearm and knowing the laws. That requires dedicated time.
How many people carrying do you think have not thought through the "Are they ready to kill someone?" scenarios?
Is that part of getting a permit? I see many states are moving to allow permitless concealed carry? So no training required? People concealed carrying guns legally without even firing one.... Yikes.

Purchasing, owning, learning about (and maintaining) a firearm is a BIG responsibility. Buy a firearm is like buying a home or car...leave your emotions out of it.
I side with normal people who know 2A requires everyone to be "well regulated" first, before anyone gets to keep and bear arms. If well regulated does not apply to the people and their firearms, then how do you explain the thousands of CONSTITUTIONAL gun laws on the federal, state and local levels for over 200 years?
You project your own dishonesty, and misinterpret the first half of 2A.

We are way out in left field, arguing firearm policy.

Let’s stick to the topic: how to help the OP’s wife avoid carjacking.

Stay in the good parts of town. Coworker of mine was recently carjacked, she lives in a crap part of town. Now she drives 20 minutes and passes multiple grocery stores to get to one in the good part of town. The scum that commit these crimes stay in their part of town 99% of the time. Even if you have to drive to a neighboring town, it is worth it to avoid the stress of being in the bad areas.

The most determined thief won't let anything stop them. That's just reality. Wheel locks don't stop wheel thieves. Converter thieves will just move to another car if they can't get yours off in 30 seconds. An armed carjacker has nothing to lose. That being said if I have the chance to blow off someone's head because they wanted my car and willing to use force, I'm blowing their head off and not regretting it. Always stay armed and dangerous.
In this scenario I make sure nothing of value is visible inside the car and it would help to only park in well lit, public areas. I don't stop to help people broken down on the side of the road or in a far away parking lot because they are probably setting up someone who will stop later.

Stay in the good parts of town. Coworker of mine was recently carjacked, she lives in a crap part of town. Now she drives 20 minutes and passes multiple grocery stores to get to one in the good part of town. The scum that commit these crimes stay in their part of town 99% of the time. Even if you have to drive to a neighboring town, it is worth it to avoid the stress of being in the bad areas.
This. If you stay out of crappy area's you'll eliminate 99 percent of the problem. I moved 200 miles after I retired to assure it would lessen the chance of having to deal with this type of nonsense. Both now and in the future. It was well worth it.

On shipping wars years ago, Jennifer got to drive a special armor Hummer that had flames that came out from under the sides.

Back