But worth every penny.

quote:

Originally posted by Schmoe:
-No NFL team which plays its home games in a domed stadium has
ever won a Superbowl.

St. Louis Rams

quote:

Originally posted by Dominic:
So what happens if a cat ***'s on a scorpion under a blacklight near a group of ducks in a cave?
smile.gif

The world as we know it careens into an alternate universe and Katie Couric becomes a network news anchor.

Oh, wait. . . .

quote:

Originally posted by mechtech2:
On the often erroneous show Mythbusters, they tried to record a duck's quack, but couldn't .

That's not true. They did record the echo and determined that the echo was so close to the sound of the quack itself that it's difficult to tell the difference.

[ [/qb][/QUOTE]One of the most challenging songs to play on drums: Tom Sawyer
wink.gif
[/QB][/QUOTE]

You think so? I have always had the most trouble trying to decipher his talents on his Exit Stage Left Solo and the second break on YYZ, before the solo and Freewill, the cut time part. Tom Sawyer, to me, uses a lot of different signatures, but if you listen, he carries those same ones out throughout different parts of the song. My biggest and hardest part, I'm sure with most drummers as well, is playing different time signatures when the rest of the band is going 4/4 or 6/8. Listen to Jacobs Ladder or The Trees. I learned this from a drum clinic with Portney, drummer with Dream Theater, he said that when they would map out a song, he would could all the different signatures that the band would use. He would then create his own signatures, add them all up, and end up at the same place where the band would be during places like solos, key changes, chorus and instrumentals.

[ September 19, 2006, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Schmoe ]

quote:

Originally posted by Matt_S:

quote:

Originally posted by mechtech2:
On the often erroneous show Mythbusters, they tried to record a duck's quack, but couldn't .

That's not true. They did record the echo and determined that the echo was so close to the sound of the quack itself that it's difficult to tell the difference.

That's easy, the echo comes after the initial quack.

Obviously, these were taken prior to St. Louis winning the superbowl. I've had these in some old emails that I came across yesterday and thought it would be interesting to put them on her. The duck echo, hasn't been proven yet either. I think their raspy type of voice has noise cancelling properties and thus renders no echos.

quote:

Originally posted by Schmoe:
Obviously, these were taken prior to St. Louis winning the superbowl. I've had these in some old emails that I came across yesterday and thought it would be interesting to put them on her. The duck echo, hasn't been proven yet either. I think their raspy type of voice has noise cancelling properties and thus renders no echos.

Duck quack echos have been documented many times. Here's one.

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_071.html

Whole nine yards.....that one is interesting to know.

Heres one...."thats a doosy"....meaning big, elaborate....... came from the Duesenburg automobile. Thats the only one I can think of at the moment.

quote:

Originally posted by rusty 63 model:
Whole nine yards.....that one is interesting to know.

Heres one...."thats a doosy"....meaning big, elaborate....... came from the Duesenburg automobile. Thats the only one I can think of at the moment.

How about

Balls Out.

Balls to the wall.

never knew anyone ever thought it was called the american pie.

guess if someone writes a song about something and calls it something else then people will buy into it, huh?

I don't want anyone to give me a duck, but, I have no doubt that if a duck quacks and if I have a recording device handy when the duck quacks it would be recorded. I don't think there's anything magical or mystical about ducks. They are just waddling along, quacking and being recorded along with the rest of us.

"And what kind of perv wants to lead a cow upstairs?"

I don't know, but, I can imagine that it would be of utmost importance to lead this cow "downstairs" the next morning.

Balls out and Balls to the wall are not testicular references. Balls out refers to a fly-ball governor at speed.(steam engine) Balls to the wall is when the knobs or balls on aircraft throttle when wide open are pushed to the firewall.

"-Cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $6,400 "

Man, wonder how much my English Mastiff is going to cost me if he lives to eleven? He is the size of two large dogs...
gr_eek2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back