Worst oil you've ever used?

I was on my way to college and stopped to get gas at a station in a tiny town in GA (Don't recall the name) Checked the oil and was not showing on the stick. All they had that I could afford was recycled oil (remember I was a college kid). It came out of the bottle already black, but decided it was better than nothing. Made it the rest of the way without any problems and put thousands of hard miles on that engine well after that.

Turns out when I was changing the oil (for that trip), I had gotten distracted and didn't fully tighten the filter. Probably had something to do with doing the oil change near the pool at the apartment complex where I was staying. :D

I wouldn't call it a bad oil, millions of people use it, but everytime I have used Mobile1, it makes the top end loud. Doesn't matter the car. Last time I tried it was over 10 years ago, but I did recently pickup a bottle of the AFE 0w20 for the wifes new van to try it again. If it makes noise ill just stick to Castrol.

I've seen some weird eco oils made from biodegradable stuff on Amazon. That's made from like plants or something.... very interesting if it holds weight.
I recall seeing "G-Oil" biodegradable oil on Amazon and I think it was made from beef tallow.

I recall seeing "G-Oil" biodegradable oil on Amazon and I think it was made from beef tallow.
G-Oil was the hoarded holy grail here back when it came out:D Same with Valvoline Next Gen. I swear that seems like lifetimes ago!! I'd forgotten about those oils.

Back