world class valucraft cartridge filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was in autozone tonite and bought a VC oil filter for G5 and clerk said i should at least buy a stp but i have seen ac delco, supertech fram, bosch, purolator, STP and they all seem the same to me and i ended buying the VC which looked identical to others i have bought...any comments on VC filters would be welcome, i dont think there is any difference between them and the others i mentioned...i dont think clerk knew what he was talking about...a mobil one filter would be better but i use synthetic oil anyways with usually 6k-6.5k oci

i used to think name brand oils were much better than generic but that really isnt the case and same goes for filters

Well, the clerk may or may not know what they are talking about. If you are using a cartridge filter then, you can actually view the media and make your judgement from there. I think that the clerk may just trust some of the "name brand filters" just a bit more. I think the Value Craft filter will serve your OCI.

I'm not sure how to take your last statement about using syn oil anyway at ~ 6K miles.
Not sure what the syn oil and cheap filter means, IDK!

Last edited:
I guess that if you have gone through the UOA section that you, like myself haven't really viewed too many bad UOA's with any oil/filter combo.

I personally think that a person can use the cheapest store brands of oil and filter in this country(as long as it meets the owners manual spec) and drive their vehicles normaly(like human beings), and the rest of the vehicle will still fall apart around the drivetrain.

If you drive like a idiot, neglect OCI's or take your ride to the drag strip, then something special in the oil/filter dept is indeed in order.

the valucraft oil filters are actually frams in disguise.
the price is lower than the fram which makes me believe they're probably like the fram B filters, the Defense branded white box.
the valucraft oil from what I gathered was just old coastal branded oil. it wasn't recycled/refined.. but they had to flavors.. SF and then up to SH.
For a great deal.. it wasn't a bad combination.. $11 for an oil change on a beater car.. not really that bad.
I like listening to the AZ people lecture on why fram is so great, or STP, or Bosch.. usually.. whatever the special for the month is.. THAT is the best oil filter (and oil). To much...

most frams i have seen in cartridge are made overseas, this is made in USA...my point is char if i am using syn at 6k i dont need a great filter anyways and the valucraft is more than adequate by looks of it...looks just like a supertech and probably made in same factory...ST filters and oil are respected on bitog

It may be different by region, but in my neck of the woods the Valucraft stuff is made by Champion Labs. The STP stuff is Champ too, not Fram. It makes sense to me that they would contract with one company to make their house stuff in two flavors, not separate companies for each.

Now as for cartridge filters, I'm not so sure. It's harder for me to distinguish manufacture without the "tells" from can construction.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
I suspect ValuCraft, STP, and SuperTech are all the same. Champion Labs made, and good quality for a "normal" OCI.

Valucraft brand is just the jobbers line that AZ stocks. Some stores sell them out on the floor and others you have to ask for them as they are stocked in the back mainly for jobber pulls.

Construction and can coding says they are just the same as the Champion Labs STP filters with maybe a slightly different media depending on P/N.

I'm going to have to take a look at them..I've been told that they are pretty decent filters...perfect for a 5--6k run..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back