Wolf's Head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wolf.jpg

Originally Posted By: GMFan
It says free shipping over $40.

http://www.amaliestore.com/proddetail.php?prod=836-91066-56

Since a case is $33.05, you have to order at least 2 cases to get the free shipping.

It works out to $2.75/qt if you get the free shipping.

Not as cheap as Quaker State or Mobil Clean in the 5qt jug at Walmart....which are $2.10 and $2.20 a quart respectively.

And where would I stash 24 quarts of oil? No, I was just hoping there'd be some NAPA or similar store where I could buy an oil change worth,

I know Sam's club sells it in cases of 12, but I don't think they sell single quarts.

Just got our 2003 Chevy Trailblazer back. We got the oil changed in preparation for our trip to South Carolina in 2 weeks....also needed rear brake pads. As usual, I pulled the dipstick to make sure all was good. The oil on the dipstick looks real clear....almost reminds me of Valvoline.

We were going to get the transmission fluid changed, but the mechanic recommended we wait until 50,000 miles in accordance with the manual....said the GM ATF is real good stuff in these vehicles. It currently has 39,000 miles on it....80% highway miles.

FTR, GM recommends 50,000 miles for severe driving and fleet use (Police, Taxi, Delivery) or mostly city driving. They recommend 100,000 for mostly highway driving but we will stick with the more conservative recommendation.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
I just ordered a bunch of stuff off of the Amalie store. My car will have Wolf's Head in the engine and tranny soon...I'll report in with my results.

Wolfs Head I have not heard of it for years. My old man used to buy it by the case when I was a Kid he slapped on Hundreds of Thousands of miles on his trucks.. His theory was oil is oil just change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back