Wobbly crankshaft pulley

So I've made a few posts here about my 2019 Fiat 124 Spider. It's got 34k miles on it. I've noticed for a maybe half a year that the pulley is wobbly. Just a little. Now, it used to be worse, but isn't as bad. I read that it's not supposed to be wobbly at all, but it's just a little bit. Doesn't get worse at higher RPMs. Engine vibration send to be a little bit excessive, but it's not bad. I'll send a video tomorrow showing it. My camera isn't good with seeing small vibrations.

Wobbly how? Like an eccentric/cam lobe? Or wobbly toward the motor and away from the motor?

So I've made a few posts here about my 2019 Fiat 124 Spider. It's got 34k miles on it. I've noticed for a maybe half a year that the pulley is wobbly. Just a little. Now, it used to be worse, but isn't as bad. I read that it's not supposed to be wobbly at all, but it's just a little bit. Doesn't get worse at higher RPMs. Engine vibration send to be a little bit excessive, but it's not bad. I'll send a video tomorrow showing it. My camera isn't good with seeing small vibrations.
I sure sounds like the harmonic balancers is separating, this will cause engine balancing issues and could eventually cause bearing failure. Replace ASAP, it is a cheap and easy repair.

I sure sounds like the harmonic balancers is separating, this will cause engine balancing issues and could eventually cause bearing failure. Replace ASAP, it is a cheap and easy repair.

This is what did my geo prizm in with 246,000 miles. The harmonic balancer sheared off on my way to work.

Looking at it you can see the 3 balancing marks out the outside ring which is separated from the inner with a black rubber ring. If the outer ring slips it can easily separate.

balancer.jpg

Back