WIX Engine Filter Poor sealing - WA10271

Sent WIX a message..

----------------------

I purchased your WA10271 for my 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0T engine filter and after about 1.5 years of use, I pulled it out today to inspect the filter, and to my disappointment, I found the back end of the filter was not sealing well and allow dirt to get passed the gasket and onto the filtered sided of the filter.

Here is a link to my onedrive and a folder with pictures. if you need more information of pictures, please let me know

I had one more of WA10271, but I decided to purchase some OEM engine filters due to your poor sealing issue.

Thoughts and what should I do now with your filters?

Attachments

• IMG_0077.JPG
    IMG_0077.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0080.JPG
    IMG_0080.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 188
I would report it to Wix. I bought a Napa (Wix) air filter for 1999 Saturn. Checked it at 3k miles and had a 1 inch hole in it, Took to Napa and they refunded my money and threw it in trash can. Called Wix and they wanted the filter and seemed interested in investigating the issue. I am at 30k on my 2017 Elantra and I am installing an OEM air filter since I do not trust aftermarket.

Wanted to bump the thread and if there are any other 2019+ Santa Fe 2.0T owners that can post some pics of their air filter (mainly the back end).. Would like to see how your filter is sealing...

Oh ya.. if you can post also if its OEM or the brand , that would be great also.

Bump for all 2019+ Santa Fe owners to hopefully post pics of your engine filter

Thanks all!

Same thing happened to my conical wix filter, somehow didn’t seal right. Was shocked to see how dirty the intake was. Ended up throwing the K&n back in with a pantyhose prefilter on it. Just checked the intake after 8k miles with a white napkin and it’s spotless.

Same thing happened to my conical wix filter, somehow didn’t seal right. Was shocked to see how dirty the intake was. Ended up throwing the K&n back in with a pantyhose prefilter on it. Just checked the intake after 8k miles with a white napkin and it’s spotless.
you must be the first k&n user I've heard of that services their filter. most k&n filters i see are caked in mud and partially collapsed and the intake after the filter is filthy. cold air intakes also don't protect the filter like a plastic box does, and some of them put the filter in front of a wheel or open to the grill, allowing more crap to hit the filter. and the owners of these filters never checked them.

Back