Wix China black ADBV

4 months ago I purchased a Wix 51334. Sticker says it's made in Mexico. I noticed the ATDBV was black and I wrote Wix to inquire about it. The response was the ATDBV was nitrile, not silicone.

Along with an ADBV burn test ... nitrile is my bet.
'For me', I don't need a burn test, it's nitrile. And I wouldn't waste my time calling any Wix CS either. In my observation, rep info from all brands is suspect. As noted, they have used nitrile on predominately Wix label OPE applications for a while. While topic would be a change from silicone, fair amount of OPE applications included.

But a c&p with light test would be illuminating, pun intended.

It’s amazing, or maybe ANNOYING, that yet another “premium” ~$12 filter has been turned into a relabeled $3 one (Premium Guard, at Rural King or similar), without warning by its’ new owner.

I contacted Wix to see what they would say or do about it, if they don't want me to send it back I'll cut it open when I get some time or send it to someone here.

Well it finally happened. Been ordering Wix 51040 and 51036 for many moons and always USA made.

Received my order from Amazon and noticed the 51040 was wrapped in cellophane, never seen that before, took a closer look and sure enough Made In China. It also has a black ADBV, oh well at least the 51036 is USA with orange ADBV.

Date codes
51040 090221
51036 120921
I would be sure to flame Wix HARD on Amazon, too, as a warning to others. I buy my Wix (NAPA) Golds at NAPA’s fleet filter sale-so I can make sure they’re not foisting any junk on me!

Back