WIX Analysis - Customer service?

I used to use Blackstone but the price seems to have gone through the roof. I ordered one of the Wix kits for about $20 on eBay. From what I understand the cost of the kit includes the analysis service. There were several addresses on labels inside so I sent it to the closest lab - ALS Tribology at 6180 Halle Dr. Suite D Valley View, Ohio. I sent it USPS Priority Mail and it was delivered on 02/17/2022. I haven't seen an e-mail from them so I'm not sure what's going on. I saved the slip with the reference number but it doesn't have a website listed to look up the sample. I tried the ALS Tribology site but I seem to need a business account to use it. Can anyone help? Thank you.

I've sent samples to Valley View for about 3 or 4 years without an issue.

The email with your results will come from "Oils Auto Delivery" at: [email protected]. Check and make sure that it didn't get sent to a folder where you're not recognizing it.

Here's their webpage: https://www.alsglobal.com/en-us/loc...cleveland-oil-fuel-coolant-analysis-tribology

I hope that you didn't get scammed by buying a kit on eBay, and submitted a sample using paperwork that someone else had photocopied multiple times, or had already used. I've only bought kits from Rock or Amazon.

I've found it handy to take the time to set up a Webtrieve on-line account with them, they will automatically track and keep copies of all of your test results for you.

Last edited:
I used to use Blackstone but the price seems to have gone through the roof. I ordered one of the Wix kits for about $20 on eBay. From what I understand the cost of the kit includes the analysis service. There were several addresses on labels inside so I sent it to the closest lab - ALS Tribology at 6180 Halle Dr. Suite D Valley View, Ohio. I sent it USPS Priority Mail and it was delivered on 02/17/2022. I haven't seen an e-mail from them so I'm not sure what's going on. I saved the slip with the reference number but it doesn't have a website listed to look up the sample. I tried the ALS Tribology site but I seem to need a business account to use it. Can anyone help? Thank you.
Pick up the phone and call them.

The same kit is available at NAPA as part #4077. Prices vary by store, but at my local store it is $10.30.

Thanks for the responses. It was a legitimate kit. I made another attempt at setting up an account. They e-mailed me the result as a PDF and also gave me account access.

Thanks for the responses. It was a legitimate kit. I made another attempt at setting up an account. They e-mailed me the result as a PDF and also gave me account access.

Now, when you submit your second test sample... be sure to include your Customer number and Unit number on the form that goes in with the sample. These numbers will be included in the test results from your first sample. This way, they will route your results automatically to your Webtrieve account. Your customer number should be a six digit number, and the unit number will be a seven digit number with numbers and letters (example: 19F7BB4). You will still get results via email as well.

Last edited:
I sent mine to Valley View, Ohio a month ago and still haven't heard anything....I won't use them again....terrible customer service IMO.

I sent mine to Valley View, Ohio a month ago and still haven't heard anything....I won't use them again....terrible customer service IMO.
So I called ALS this morning and they sent the results via e-mail right away. They told me to check my 'SPAM' folder as it had been sent earlier but I couldn't find it there. I'll post the results in UOA section now.

Back