Wix 57356 new batch

I normally purchase my Wix filters from RA in packs of 12 to save on shipping. My last batch of 57356 filters purchased in 2021 were all made in the US and had a reddish ADV, The new 2022 batch I ordered are all made in China, have a sealed plastic over the opening and a gray ADV valve

Is this a sign the Wix has gone down hill or are these fakes that RA got? From an exterior POV they looks the same except for the ADV and the made in China stamping. I saved one of the used USA made ones and once I go through an OCI with the China made ones will cut and compare the insides.

There is another possibilty, M&H has offshored Wix production of at least some applications. Whether the quality of those applications not as good as US, would remain to be seen. "Gray" adbv could still be silicone, or might be nitrile. Some Mann use a gray-ish silicone adbv. Nitrile would be a downgrade. The RA purchase variable does leave all of it in doubt. Can't rule out some RA sourcing issue. Pics 'might' help. It would disappointing by not entirely unsurprising to see Wix offshored.

As an aside, seems my local Napa has discontinued semi annual 40% 'Gold' OF sale, so unless that changes unlikely I would continue purchase of the 7356 anyway.

Google the return address of that shipment. Where did they come from? What is the date code on the can? :unsure:

Sad to see they're Chinese now, but they could still be better than any US-made Purolator :D

The 57356 wasn't Wix's best filter anyway, since the media cartridge is too small due to the bypass design they used. If I had to use a Wix in that size, I'd use the XP, but for that size, Fram is the best choice.

Since broached, I've used 'many' of the topic Wix filter in NG 7356 form, (same filter). While true element not the largest comparatively, 'ime' it's been fine for the preferred service interval. 5-7.5k mi. Linked HERE is the last one I ran 7100 miles, obviously worked well for me.

One thing discussed here before is seems likely M&H would be getting rid of thread end bypass and go with flat spring. That could make room for larger element. Having used several Puro made Bosch Premium 3323 recently including one c&p this page, they've been a solid alternative.

Since broached, I've used 'many' of the topic Wix filter in NG 7356 form, (same filter). While true element not the largest comparatively, 'ime' it's been fine for the preferred service interval. 5-7.5k mi. Linked HERE is the last one I ran 7100 miles, obviously worked well for me.

One thing discussed here before is seems likely M&H would be getting rid of thread end bypass and go with flat spring. That could make room for larger element. Having used several Puro made Bosch Premium 3323 recently including one c&p this page, they've been a solid alternative.
That's a good looking filter!(y) Where's the best place to source these locally? Looks like the little brother to my 300ZX's Wix filter.

I have been seeing Chinese Napa filters for a while now. Funny thing is the tech line will tell you they are made in the US. Just about all of the Proselects I've seen are Chinese. I had hoped it was just due to pandemic supply problems but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've been buying the Fram Force filters at AAP lately and so far so good.

I have been seeing Chinese Napa filters for a while now. Funny thing is the tech line will tell you they are made in the US. Just about all of the Proselects I've seen are Chinese. I had hoped it was just due to pandemic supply problems but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've been buying the Fram Force filters at AAP lately and so far so good.
That's what I have been doing here lately. I have always been a Wix/Napa Gold or Purolator guy, but now the filters for my Camry are made in Mexico, so I have been buying Fram 4386's for it since they are still made here. Hopefully they keep production here, and I will keep buying them.

Back