Wix 51372 dirt holding capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed Wix to ask about the dirt holding capacity of the 51372 (MC 820S) and the bypass valve location, as I thought I'd get some NAPA golds during the sale.
Received a quick response from Bill Wickie (honest, that's his name) of Wix Canada. The bypass valve is in the base, which may or may not matter,
but Ford wants it there for whatever reason. The dirt capacity is " in excess of 13 grams based on SAE J806b test" which is right up there with a P1 and over 50% more than the MC at a published 8g. Just thought I'd post the info for my fellow BITOGers. Use it in good health. PS Who thinks up some of this advertising? The P1 website shows nails bolts and paperclips that are somehow going to get sucked into my engine and caught by a P1 filter! Puh-lease! The Purolator engineers obviously don't have any input.

Thats great if you plan on youe engine coming apart and rely on the filter to catch a paperclip, 2 dimes, and a nickle. What is the micron rating and at what effiecency??

33.gif
Um the filter

The bosch (purolator) I bought had such good efficiency this winter my VVTi wouldnt work in my Yaris on M1 AFE
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Seguino
PS Who thinks up some of this advertising? The P1 website shows nails bolts and paperclips that are somehow going to get sucked into my engine and caught by a P1 filter! Puh-lease! The Purolator engineers obviously don't have any input.

That's what you think Purolator's advertising is saying? You just looked at the pretty pictures and didn't read a thing, huh?

Uh , they use those nails and paper clips to show you what 13 grams weighs in each item displayed not what the filter will filter .

I think my point was missed. I'm not knocking the filter at all, just the advertising. And yes, I read it. I says dirt, bugs and metal shavings are going to be kicked up from the road and could damage my engine. I've yet to find a bug in my used oil filter. I think P1s are top grade. The micron rating of Wix filters is published. I have never seen the dirt holding capacity published and that was the point of the post. Just thought it might be some helpful info for some. Chill, people.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
PS Who thinks up some of this advertising? The P1 website shows nails bolts and paperclips that are somehow going to get sucked into my engine and caught by a P1 filter! Puh-lease! The Purolator engineers obviously don't have any input.

That's what you think Purolator's advertising is saying? You just looked at the pretty pictures and didn't read a thing, huh?

lol.gif
... I like pictures.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder

lol.gif
... I like pictures.
wink.gif

Finally someone with a sense of humor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back