Wipe New Headlight Restore Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

Our RX330's headlights were getting a bit cloudy, so I decided to try the Wipe New product. On the driver's side, I missed a spot when I was wet sanding (wasn't very patient). I don't know how long it will last, but the wife plans to keep the car forever, so I guess it will be a good test.

Note: It looks better in the pics than close up, but overall, a definite improvement.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Wipe New products? Is that a new name in the game?

Not really new, that snake oil has been out for quite a while now.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Wipe New products? Is that a new name in the game?

Not sure about new ... In Summer 2015, I used their tire kit and really liked the look/longevity, so I decided to try their headlight kit. Overall, the products seem to be pretty good and are readily available at WalMart.

edit: I guess FastEddie has had a bad experience with their products, so as always, YMMV.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Is the before shot BEFORE you sanded them?

The top photo was the before (i.e. prep stage photo of putting down the blue painters tape, a trash bag to make sure nothing landed on the bumper/paint, ensuring the headlight lens was clean/dry). The wipe new kit was still in the box at that stage.

The bottom photo was about 30 minutes after wet-sanding and applying the wipe new product.

I was going to pay someone to do it, but decided for $10 and about 20 minutes of time, I would try the kit and report the findings to BITOG.

Originally Posted By: Curtis Newton
edit: I guess FastEddie has had a bad experience with their products, so as always, YMMV.

He's a professional detailer.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Use a sealer or you will redo in 6 months.

Any recommendations for a sealer??? Thanks much for the help.

Note: I have a bottle of Plexus plastic cleaner and protectant that I bought awhile ago ... not sure if it works for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Donald
Use a sealer or you will redo in 6 months.

Wipe new is the sealer, and trying to get a different sealant to bond to that stuff would be a miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back