Winter wheel setup for the Versa

I picked up my winter setup for my versa today. I was super impressed with the Viking contact 7 last year on my mirage that it was a no brainer for me to get them again. I did go for some nicer wheels this time, Konig Control. I bought the cheapy aluminum wheels for my last set and I could see they weren't going to hold up over the long run. Plus I think the black and orange should look pretty sweet if I do say so myself.

My versa came standard with 17" wheels. I stepped down to the base model versa wheel and tire sizes with a 15" and way more sidewall. Not only is this pothole protection, it also saves a bunch of money vs going with a 17" snow tire.

I'll probably mount them up early November. Discount tire would do it for free of course but being I'm a standard BITOG member I prefer to just do it myself. Then I'll have them program the TPMS sensors once they're mounted.

Attachments

• Snow wheels.JPG
    Snow wheels.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 20
  • versa.JPG
    versa.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 21
I did that with my Camray . No way was I going to buy 19” snows and I wanted to get the car up off the slush as well even if it is just a smidge. Mine handles just fine and the usual spring potholes are much less jarring.

Back