Windshield leak

I think so, i just hate having to do that. I'll price a windshield out cash first. Sometimes i've gotten a good cash price vs filing a claim.
When I needed a windshield, I called the insurer who sent a repairman to install a new one. The car was in my driveway and I was at work when it was done. Came home to a new windshield at no cost to me. It is not considered an accident that will cause premium to go up.

Update, I have been working a lot, and not had time to address the windshield.

Got in it Thursay. With the freezing rain and weather , apparently the water around the glass froze and opened up the leak worse. Now its leaking like crazy. Pint of water on the drivers floormat.

Going in wed to a glass shop. It is the original, found the GM bugs on the glass.

Any brand i should ask for? I don't really want Safelite, i had one in an olds ciera, was pretty wavy.

I

Update, at the glass shop today.
They told me they usually see leaks and paint delamination with the white trucks of this era. They had never seen a yellow one. ( Not many yellow avalanches were made).
This truck has the original paint. But apparently gm used a white under coat.
The paint around the windshield delaminated . They showed me the top piece that was yellow and white underneath.

Back