Will this ever be a classic / collectible?

I own a 1999- Saab 9-3 SE convertible. Owned it since new (wife's car) only has 79k miles. Do you think these cars will ever be considered classics or collectible.

Too many miles to be collectible? What?

I don’t believe that model of vehicle will end up being collectible classic.

You would be surprised at how many cars of that vintage have under 10k miles on them for whatever reason. That Saab at 70+k miles is a special interest car, but not a collectable.
A collectible car with high miles is still a collectible car. Take a 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner with 150,000 miles. Guess what, it’s still a collectible car.

It has way too many miles on it to be a collectable, just enjoy it
These are original 1 owner miles. No restoration, rebuilds etc. Very desirable to somehow who appreciates them.

Check out Bring a Trailer sometime. Many collector/ special interest cars have that mileage.

As far as what it is exactly, I’m not really sure, but the mileage certainly isn’t a deal breaker.

Boy, if I knew which cars were going to become collectibles, I would become a very rich man! Truth is, almost no cars become collectable. Cool old cars, sure. But not valuable.

You would be surprised at how many cars of that vintage have under 10k miles on them for whatever reason. That Saab at 70+k miles is a special interest car, but not a collectable.
I don't know where you find these. But around here a saab under 100k is a rarity.

I own a 1999- Saab 9-3 SE convertible. Owned it since new (wife's car) only has 79k miles. Do you think these cars will ever be considered classics or collectible.
Quirky fun cars for sure but most later models are not quite collectable yet. I have two and like to work on Saabs except the Subisaabs and the rebadged GM CUV , one is a Viggen and the other an SE, the Viggen can be considered a classic and no doubt a collectable. These are collectable.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/valuation/saabs-quirky-sonett-gaining-attention/

Back