2005 Saab 9-3 - One year into ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pictures, Kira.

I wish Saab (not [censored] General Malfeasance) still built the 9-3 hatchback. What a unique and fun car.

TRAV: thanks for the info.

In light of this thread, I test drove a 2010 9-3 2.0T this morning. It needed too much work (mechanical and cosmetic) for their asking price, but you could tell it was a very nicely built car.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
In light of this thread, I test drove a 2010 9-3 2.0T this morning. It needed too much work (mechanical and cosmetic) for their asking price, but you could tell it was a very nicely built car.

They are good solid built cars, a bit quirky though but nice.

Knew a co-worker that had a 2012 (last model year in the U.S.? The one that looks a bit like a Koenigsegg) and DDs it to and from an industrial complex. Supposedly it holds up pretty well and people don't know what it is.

Saw a review on the final Saab and the reviewer seemed to think it was an OK car. I have thought of getting a 9-5, as a 9000 seems a bit dated but yes, fun. Just don't get a 9-3 Viggen....

Many SAAB died by donating their T3/T4 turbochargers to my friends and I CRX's back in the day.Think it was invented by Swedish pilots. They would roll over in their graves if they saw how bad GM ruined them. Long live SAAB!

Originally Posted by Kira
Had 6 Saabs in the "family".
I found a 2002 9-3SE sporting a For Sale sign and chatted with the owner.
It's condition and crispness impressed me. He bought @ 13K in February 2005 for his 2 sons.
He installed a new steering rack, roof rack system (lotsa toys included there) and other major parts I cannot remember now.
I misspoke and suggested $1,600 for the car and the man accepted it!
It became the 6th Saab when my pal, on his son's orders, came down and bought it the next day.
For all its cleanliness and obvious maintenance the owner, a thoughtful and kind man, the cabin air filter had never been changed and the transmission fluid came out brown and lumpy I SWEAR. I did the drain and fills.
Three D&F's within 3 months absolutely cured it.
A fourth, later on, was not needed. The fluid stayed clean.

We still have a 2004 9-5 Aero. Owned it since 2008. It's got about 115k on it. It runs great and everything works well. Can't blame the PO on yours for not changing the cabin filter. It's a royal PIA. I bought a replacement for ours from Amazon but I keep putting replacement off.

Nice car, enjoy. We've had 4 SAAB's in the family and miss them. Sadly, the last years cars were probably SAAB's best since the GM acquisition, especially the 9.5X.

We bought an '06 Convertible when we started our family as a fun, safe family car. Had great fun, but as daughters grew and hair got longer, the convertible got less use...do occasionally regret selling it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back