Will FP turn MiniVan into Hot Rod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The virtues of FP come up regularly on this forum, such as better performance, reduced combustion chamber carbon, and higher MPG. What I need the most are clean injectors in my Dodge Minivan. I've replaced about everything in the fuel system except the injectors but the car still feels like it doesn't get enough fuel on WOT. Before I remove injectors to have them rebuilt or replaced I could use some ideas on the best way to clean the injectors. FP, 44K, Techron?

The answer to your topic heading question is no.

FP cleans the fuel system slowly and provides additional fuel energy.

HAve you tried a performance chip, assuming they make one for this engine's computer? Your performance, or lack thereof, may be linked to ignition timing and fuel delivery calibrated by your computer's ROM.

How many miles on the minivan's engine?

I think your problem is...it's a minivan.
grin.gif
tongue.gif
pat.gif

I should apologize. Sometimes I forget that my dry sense of humor doesn't come thru in written form (except for ZmOz that is). Allow me to restate the question. If FP is biased toward higher octane, I doubt my low compression, low performance engine would realize any benefit. A slow cleaning of the fuel system is fine. I've already checked the computer for error codes, replaced the coilpack, plugs, wires, fuel pump, fuel filter etc. Before I spend even more money (probably on injectors) I was just looking for an opinion on the best cleaner (additional fuel energy is optional).

regarding Dancer's post: If FP is biased toward higher octane, I doubt my low compression, low performance engine would realize any benefit."

Is this true? Is FP biased towards the use of higher octane fuels, or does it make any difference what octane fuel is used?

Should we be using the absolute cheapest, lowest octane gas available with our FP, or should we be using the cheapest, HIGHEST octane gasoline with FP added?

I drive a Saab 2.3liter non-turbo engine with 10.5 compression, at low altitude (California).

What's the verdict?
Cheap low octane
Cheap high octane
Expensive low octane (e.g., Chevron with Techron)
Expensive high octane (e.g., Chevron with Techron).

TIA

FP increases the fuel energy of the FP/gasoline mix, regardless of Octane. It is not an octane booster. A clean fuel system and non-carboned combustion chamber allows the use of lower octane fuel.

If there is no preignition or spark knock, use the lowest octane fuel available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back