Will be installin Tranny by-pass. Have questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this might clear things up a bit. This is what i was thinking about. The reason is because I would rather have a fullflow collect the big stuff, and let the bypass do the little stuff, so it lasts longer.
 -
Maybe it is a stupid idea, i do not know.

Roman

He's saying he wanted to run a full flow type filter in series with a bypass and these 2 filters would run in parallel with the cooling system. So it's still a bypass system, just with an additional filter in the circuit.

I recommended against it because filtration will not improve and it would just add additional expense, maintenance and complications. It might extend the life of the bypass filter slightly, and adding some top up oil with every filter change might help, but it's all negligable in my opinion.

quote:

Maybe it is a stupid idea, i do not know.

As long as you were not intending to run the full flow of the cooling circuit through the bypass filter ..then, no, it's not unwise from an operational standpoint ..perhaps, as olympic pointed out, from an "undue expense" perspective.

It would work fine.

Just another thought about the add-on oil/air cooler. To get the biggest delta across the filter for a given filter size/flow you must give it the fluid at the highest temp, first that is. At lower temps it is less effective and if mounted first will not interfer with start-up/cold temp operation. In other words, when you don't need it you won't have it and when you need it most, you'll get the best out of it. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back