Wife wrecked the van

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by grampi
After talking to an attorney, my wife decided to plea guilty and just pay the ticket. She would've more than likely been found at fault anyway even if we fought it in court with a lawyer. The attorney also said that since the other driver refused medical care at the scene, he would have a tough, if not impossible time trying to prove any related medical issues later on. The damage to his vehicle was well within our property damage coverage on our policy, so the only things I have to watch for are points on my wife's drivers license, and to see if our insurance premiums go up. Since this is the first accident by either my wife or myself with USAA for more than 20 years, I doubt they'll raise our rates.

To the guy bringing up the pot issue. My wife doesn't smoke it, and when did I ever say I think it's okay to drive high? I think YOU are smoking something...

I was in an accident that was 100% my fault half a dozen years back, though it was a minor bumper-bender. USAA did not raise my rates.

Originally Posted by gathermewool
After talking to an attorney, my wife decided to plea guilty and just pay the ticket. She would've more than likely been found at fault anyway even if we fought it in court with a lawyer. The attorney also said that since the other driver refused medical care at the scene, he would have a tough, if not impossible time trying to prove any related medical issues later on. The damage to his vehicle was well within our property damage coverage on our policy, so the only things I have to watch for are points on my wife's drivers license, and to see if our insurance premiums go up. Since this is the first accident by either my wife or myself with USAA for more than 20 years, I doubt they'll raise our rates.

To the guy bringing up the pot issue. My wife doesn't smoke it, and when did I ever say I think it's okay to drive high? I think YOU are smoking something...

I was in an accident that was 100% my fault half a dozen years back, though it was a minor bumper-bender. USAA did not raise my rates.

My mother rear ended someone after 20 years of no-incident driving.

USAA dropped her.

USAA tripled my rates for about 24 months after my at-fault accident. The worst part, it was kind of hard to shop around when you have a fresh at-fault accident on your record.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

USAA dropped her.

I have a high deductible (1G) and carry a lot of insurance. Maybe that matters, compared to someone with minimal liability only?

We also use USAA for checking and mutual funds, as well as one credit card. I would have preferred to give them my money for our recent mortgage, but Navy Federal blew them out of the water with an ~ 0.5% lower rate. I tried talking USAA down, but they refused to go any lower.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

USAA dropped her.

Wow! I've NEVER heard of anyone being dropped by USAA. I've heard of it plenty of times about companies like Geico, Progressive, State Farm, etc, but never about USAA...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back