Why use Redline and Redline Clone oils...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Gixxer46
Originally Posted by burla
I tend to agree, wetter wetter is a joke, certainly considering the complex coolant formulations of the day. However, whatever issues that are brought up against a forum member or this video, doesn't change the science and effects of pao/ester based fluids and the benefits they provide in all the brands that use them. This guy and his experience who just posted every other oil left his "clunk" but not it's gone is repeated over and over with the use of these fluids. Tossing shade on redline doesn't change that the science behind this formula is a tick killer.

I thought water wetter was for straight water applications, for instance, race applications where you can't use coolant.

That's where I've used it, the cooling system of my bikes and cars when ridden/driven on roadracing tracks where glycol coolant is not allowed.

Originally Posted by tig1
Originally Posted by Shannow
Originally Posted by racin4ds
Yet you and so many others on this site fall for the M1 lame tests and ads that are pathetic and you continue to defend them.... lol hypocrisy much??

really ?

Me

You haven't read any of the interactions between tig1 and myself, have you before making such statements, have you.

Actually, if you'd been paying attention, I don't defend much, usually question...although edge 5W30 A3/B4 has been one of teh oils that I beleive is one of the best compromises.

Actually, show me where I've "fallen for" and defended a mobil ad ?

Hey! How did I get drug into your squabbles? Here I am, pure as new fallen snow and never criticizes anyone's oils or their choice! I just report the facts of my vast experience with one major product, which I will not name at this time.
thankyou2.gif

^^^^^^^

This may well be the best post in this entire never ending thread
smile.gif

Originally Posted by simple_gifts
Redline Professional 5w-40 has euro approvals for BMW, MB, VW/Audi Porsche; 5W-30 also

I would not expect them to spend time or effort on certs for what are probably a lower performance specs.

So "they bothered" to go out and get them for some targeted customers

So, let's fallow this logic:
Redline claims that their Redline 5W30 and 5W40 Euro oils exceed and meet BMW LL01 and LL04 (among others) approvals, but to obtain them they developed, what is arguably mediocre oil? If Euro series exceeds and meets LL04 and LL01 why they cannot get approval? Or MB229.5 or VW 502.00?
Redline is very good oil, but this narrative how Redline could, but it does not want is ridiculous. Somehow other can cook PAO/Ester oils that are really good, but Redline can, but it does not want. This spinning of what Redline wants and can, but it does not want (I cannot fallow this logic anymore), and how oil companies secretly use their oils in cars they sponsor is truly amazing marketing.
My take is that Redline is very good oil. Cannot get very cheap approvals not because they do not want, but because simply their oils do not meet all demands for those approvals. Redline choose to stick to their original formula, but at the same time sell "fog" to their loyal base.

Sounds about right...hater...

No rating system can stop an oil manufacturer making a better oil, as long as the oil stays within the ring.

Per the Amsoil thread, jumping out of the ring, getting back with a chair and beating the guy who stayed within the ring does not make one "better", and the other one "neutered"

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but what exactly is a redline clone? Also after seeing this I retract every statement I made during the amsoil debate I apologize for my ignorance

Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by tig1
Originally Posted by racin4ds
Yet you and so many others on this site fall for the M1 lame tests and ads that are pathetic and you continue to defend them.... lol hypocrisy much??

really ?

Me

You haven't read any of the interactions between tig1 and myself, have you before making such statements, have you.

Actually, if you'd been paying attention, I don't defend much, usually question...although edge 5W30 A3/B4 has been one of teh oils that I beleive is one of the best compromises.

Actually, show me where I've "fallen for" and defended a mobil ad ?

Hey! How did I get drug into your squabbles? Here I am, pure as new fallen snow and never criticizes anyone's oils or their choice! I just report the facts of my vast experience with one major product, which I will not name at this time.
thankyou2.gif

^^^^^^^

This may well be the best post in this entire never ending thread
smile.gif

Yes, in my unbiased opinion you are correct!!
01.gif

Last edited:
There isn't an oil company that doesn't use marketing to sell their product. Opinions vary on what is considered "bad" or "good" marketing.

IMO, RL's best attribute has always been it's stable viscosity. Because they don't use any VII's (or very little), it would rarely shear out of grade. They've always touted their use of POE, but that's not exclusive to RL and from what I have read, the amount of POE was never as great as they claimed it to be.

This video told me nothing I didn't know already. If you want to know more about base oils, take a look at some of XOM's literature on base oils.

buster, we know (well they tell us) that the 5W30 is VII free, but their entire range cannot be..."avoiding" is not the same as eliminating.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Right ... I don't find that hard to fallow ...

The recent Amsoil thread, they claimed 30+ percent more "cleaning power" than the opposition...the opposition being API certified oils, the Amsoil having broken the S.A. limits for SN and Dexos...thus my analogy.

By selectively ignoring aspects of certification requirements, then "proving" that you are better in that aspect is disingenuous.

buster, we know (well they tell us) that the 5W30 is VII free, but their entire range cannot be..."avoiding" is not the same as eliminating.

I agree Shannow.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Right ... I don't find that hard to fallow ...

The recent Amsoil thread, they claimed 30+ percent more "cleaning power" than the opposition...the opposition being API certified oils, the Amsoil having broken the S.A. limits for SN and Dexos...thus my analogy.

By selectively ignoring aspects of certification requirements, then "proving" that you are better in that aspect is disingenuous.

+1

Interesting documentary on Australian Nulon oils.

Notice how clear the basestocks are, and that the product is fully synthetic.

I think that they make a compelling case for their superiorness…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back