Why use Redline and Redline Clone oils...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Science is total BS if we are talking about feelings and not facts, I totally agree with you. But, there is a reason why guys vehicles are sounding smoother not only on redline but Motul as well, and it isn't feelings, but science and in a rudimentary easy to understand way, this advertisement spells it out. If someone was to choose to "build" an oil formula with one goal, to use the best possible products for the job of lubricating through a long interval, I would miss how you can build something better that would be remotely practical. Perhaps PAGS, or some high tech silicones, maybe would out perform the pao/ester based, but then you would be shelling out real dough to get it. Redline is not that much more expensive then the 10 dollar quarts you are seeing on everything at the auto store, gotexhaust sells it 2 dollars a qrt cheaper then the posted price on the redline website, for the guys complaining about price. The downside, there are very rarely sales on the product. But, you get what you pay for, certainly holds true with this product.

They have squeezed everything they can out of group 3 base stocks, spend an hour researching exxon and the changing demands of base stocks. Like it or not, group 4 and 5 oils are the future. Maybe you will like it when it comes to the brand of oil you use instead the dreaded redline corp.

Originally Posted by OilUzer
Their website says they sell the oil at O'reilly's but I went to 2 different stores to see how much it is and none of them had any! They said they have to order it
lol.gif

I mean, O'Reilly can get it for you but it's a 5-7 business day special order and you have to pay shipping. May as well get AMSOIL at that point and it'll end up cheaper and you can get it quicker.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by burla
They have squeezed everything they can out of group 3 base stocks, spend an hour researching exxon and the changing demands of base stocks. Like it or not, group 4 and 5 oils are the future. Maybe you will like it when it comes to the brand of oil you use instead the dreaded redline corp.

Dreaded Redline Corp? They are owned by Phillips66, one of the global oil juggernauts.

I'll say one thing, wherever you were the past month or so you haven't lost any of your mojo. This thread and your posts are just like they were before.

Originally Posted by dogememe
Originally Posted by OilUzer
Their website says they sell the oil at O'reilly's but I went to 2 different stores to see how much it is and none of them had any! They said they have to order it
lol.gif

I mean, O'Reilly can get it for you but it's a 5-7 business day special order and you have to pay shipping. May as well get AMSOIL at that point and it'll end up cheaper and you can get it quicker.

I guess the difference being you can get redline at many places, in fact I just told you one that drop ships free shipping at 2 dollars less then posted price. But if you want to buy Amsoil go for it, good oil I just recommended it today for a guy with an eco boost,

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

Dreaded Redline Corp? They are owned by Phillips66, one of global oil juggernauts.

I am aware of that, but regardless by the reply's anytime it is mentioned they are dreaded around here, mostly from guys never using it.

I am aware of that, but regardless by the reply's anytime it is mentioned they are dreaded around here, mostly from guys never using it.

Redline makes great oils, my only beefs with their oil is price and availability.

Originally Posted by Patman

Redline makes great oils, my only beefs with their oil is price and availability.

Demand must be low, as in the same with PUP. Folks don't want to spend 12 bucks a qrt for oil. Even Pennzoil made a go of making something a little better then PP, and it is nowhere to be seen, not even their 0w40 which is one of the top oils out there and one of the few spec'd for the hemi. It is a commitment to make these base oils like I was saying, I'm sure if they used some random group 3 stuff like everyone else it would be much cheaper thus creating a larger demand. Many "boutique oils took that route, but then it wouldn't be redline.

Redline MT90 is a magic potion in my experience. It was the only manual transmission fluid that made the occasional 1>2 gear crunch in my300ZX completely go away,and I tried about every MTF I could find. Shifts were smooth as glass. I don't know what they put in that stuff,but it works!!

Go back and watch the video, then you will know what they put in the stuff.

dreaded...is that the new PC word for "haters"...used in the same context, along with the "who don't use it" line, so I'm assuming so.

How come all you fanbois (Redline, Amsoil, RP) have to use these labels for people who question dodgy and silly advertising from campanies ?

Do you have THAT much emotional attachment to a PRODUCT that to question the veracity of their advertising is a hate crime ?

BTW, I've driven 100 miles before to buy their 10W40...used it, and wasn't impressed...but that was before I understood HTHS...AND I've got a case of their gear oil in the Garage.

Can't be labelled a hater for calling out dumb advertising...

Although they DO lose credibility with water wetter...and so do the people falling for it.

Science is total BS if we are talking about feelings and not facts, I totally agree with you. But, there is a reason why guys vehicles are sounding smoother not only on redline but Motul as well, and it isn't feelings, but science and in a rudimentary easy to understand way, this advertisement spells it out. If someone was to choose to "build" an oil formula with one goal, to use the best possible products for the job of lubricating through a long interval, I would miss how you can build something better that would be remotely practical. Perhaps PAGS, or some high tech silicones, maybe would out perform the pao/ester based, but then you would be shelling out real dough to get it. Redline is not that much more expensive then the 10 dollar quarts you are seeing on everything at the auto store, gotexhaust sells it 2 dollars a qrt cheaper then the posted price on the redline website, for the guys complaining about price. The downside, there are very rarely sales on the product. But, you get what you pay for, certainly holds true with this product.

I highly doubt you red my post.
Their pitch is PAO/Ester. However, they, UNLIKE others, are not capable getting approvals from companies using PAO/Esters. Castrol, Motula, Ravenol etc. are, but not Redline. Then their pitch is: it is not our fault, BMW is requiring Group III (absolute BS) but somehow Castrol, Motul or Ravenol are able to get those approvals using PAO and Esters.
I do not ahve anything of course against PAO/Esters, but final product is what matters, and others are just better in that game.

I tend to agree, wetter wetter is a joke, certainly considering the complex coolant formulations of the day. However, whatever issues that are brought up against a forum member or this video, doesn't change the science and effects of pao/ester based fluids and the benefits they provide in all the brands that use them. This guy and his experience who just posted every other oil left his "clunk" but not it's gone is repeated over and over with the use of these fluids. Tossing shade on redline doesn't change that the science behind this formula is a tick killer.

Not capable of getting approvals and not wanting to spend money on it are two different things, but I'm sure a smart guy like you knows this.

Originally Posted by Shannow

dreaded...is that the new PC word for "haters"...used in the same context, along with the "who don't use it" line, so I'm assuming so.

How come all you fanbois (Redline, Amsoil, RP) have to use these labels for people who question dodgy and silly advertising from campanies ?

Do you have THAT much emotional attachment to a PRODUCT that to question the veracity of their advertising is a hate crime ?

BTW, I've driven 100 miles before to buy their 10W40...used it, and wasn't impressed...but that was before I understood HTHS...AND I've got a case of their gear oil in the Garage.

Although they DO lose credibility with water wetter...and so do the people falling for it.

Yet you and so many others on this site fall for the M1 lame tests and ads that are pathetic and you continue to defend them.... lol hypocrisy much??

Love redline oils, huge respect for the company! Best line in the video was "Redline synthetic oils are used by race teams all over the world, many of which are sponsored by other oil companies"
lol.gif

Sure, it's marketing but I don't mind. Because I'm a biased fanboi? No, no.... because they're not ABSOLUTE, REMORSELESS MIND-RA{VAG}ING WH*RES about it. That's why.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by racin4ds

Yet you and so many others on this site fall for the M1 lame tests and ads that are pathetic and you continue to defend them.... lol hypocrisy much??

Seriuously. I didn't see any lame vegas taxi fleet tests or one arm bandits that prove little to nothing, didn't see any gimmicks at all, really. Just a basic 101 explanation about oil formulating and some dyno test #s. But they're not big-name site sponsor that's spend billions to annex massive psychological real estate via aggressive campaigns, so of course we have to peup on them.....

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Originally Posted by Shannow

The information was posted because I haven't seen any video in Redline's own words what base oils they use and the benefits of it. I wonder if this was a video from other companies out there how the responses would differ, LMAO.

Not capable of getting approvals and not wanting to spend money on it are two different things, but I'm sure a smart guy like you knows this.

Now you are just making stuff up. YOU know the approvals aren't that expensive and Redline isn't incapable of obtaining them - as they have already done for some products. To say or imply that they don't for these products because they don't want to is the biggest load you've posted.

So, where were you lately anyway? I keep asking but you keep avoiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back