Why Use Hyundai OEM Oil Filters ?

Originally Posted by LubricatusObsess
The chart means my 'opinion' differs? Then why the complaints here from those who bought and complain? False equivalence.

Absolutely relevant. But we all know the folks with issues are usually the ones that voice their experience. With good reason, not saying those experiences are not valid. But when taking a step back and reviewing the data along with, not just the anecdotal evidence taken from chat boards, a few YouTube videos and class actions, you get a picture of the overall landscape of people's satisfaction with any brand.

Exactly wemay. Not sure why people are so sensitive when pointed out that a brief auto show experience is not enough data, as well as some complaints on this website. It's not scientific. As Neil Tyson once said, if you walk into a dealership and there's one guy screaming about how bad his experience is, you can jump to conclusions right away, but 1 data point is a bad measurement. Collect your data first

As a automobile is usually the second most expensive purchase for most people, if you get burned by a brand you generally don't go back to it.

One has to make their own decisions and stick with them or admit they were wrong. Don't be a Bubba.

Originally Posted by LubricatusObsess
So many people seem to get Hyundia's or Kia's due to lower prices. I don't think it's worth it when the fundamentals are not well built.

When we went to the auto show a couple years ago, the seating and other ergonomics for the Korean vehicles were not comfortable to us, either. Making a value decision is what I strive for - not solely based on price or on benefits.

Fundamentals on S Korean vehicles wrong?.... like seating?
The Koreans don't build their vehicles for vastly overweight USA'ers. The only person fat in Korea is some guy named Kim.

And speaking of oil filters... I've switched to Mann W811/80 and am very happy with them.
I could get them cheaper than Kia/Hyundai filters to my door too.

Back