Why Not Just Add Moly to Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Badnews, where have you been?
I can't speak for the others, but I've missed you.
Have you come to stir the pot a little?
What ever you are going to post I know its going to be good and controversial.
Moly is a milkmaid right?
dunno.gif
welcome.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
cheers.gif
grin.gif

Well Mobil 1 already has Moly. And adding an EP when a AW willdo isn't really good for the oil or the equipment. Also the Type of moly is important. Besides Mobil 1 already has moly and when you look at the UOA's the Moly is about the same as the Virgin analysis which shows it generally is not used.

I'm sure Mobil 1 (and I'm not a flag waiving user) probably added an optimal amount. Just an opinion though.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by userfriendly:
Badnews, where have you been?
I can't speak for the others, but I've missed you.
Have you come to stir the pot a little?
What ever you are going to post I know its going to be good and controversial.
Moly is a milkmaid right?
dunno.gif
welcome.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
cheers.gif
grin.gif

Naw, just came in to learn about oil from those that know.

Schaeffer's #132 works good, but use less than Schaeffer recommends. Search for Molakule's 132/LC mix.

Schaeffer's #132 works good, but use less than Schaeffer recommends. Search for Molakule's 132/LC mix.

Like Al said, there's more to an oil than the sum of its parts which show up in a typical UOA/VOA. That's why some additives backfire. I'm thinking of one guy who showed up here after adding "Tufoil" to his oil. His analysis didn't look so hot.
thumbsdown.gif

Depending on the other additives, there's an optimal amount of moly/boron/zinc/phosphorous/calcium, etc ... and the type/fprm of each is critical.

Yes, at least some molydisulphide would end up getting filtered out.

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back