Why NO Love for Pennzoil Euro Brands on BITOG

I tried finding it for my BMW. All I could find was individual quarts for 10-11 a piece. I'm not paying 70 bucks to change my oil. That's two changes with Castrol.

This has been my experience as well. Lately I've been doing the FCP Euro lifetime warranty oil changes, so it costs me $13 in shipping basically per change. For other euro cars I service if I need to pick up oil it's been Castrol 0w40 or lately Valvoline Euro 5w40 as those have been the easiest to find. The last time I saw Pennzoil Euro it was at WalMart, and like you stated it was around 10-11 bucks a quart. They didn't even have the full 7 quarts I would need for my car, but then again my local WalMart isn't great at stocking oil.

I’ll echo price and availability. I use Euro LX in the Giulia because it’s the only oil (other than Mopar) readily available in the US, that meets the specs called for (0w-30, API SN, and MS13340 or 9.55535.GS1) in the manual. Once out of warranty I’ll be switching to PP 5w-30 which meets MS13340 but can be had for 1/3 of the price.
I use the PP 5W-30 in my 2019 Jeep turbo because of the MS-13340 but have considered switching to the Pennzoil Euro L once the warranty is over next year.

Euro L 5w30 is available at most Walmarts but it doesn't have any VW approvals, but it is a Euro oil with some approvals (low saps).

Euro LX 0w30 is VW 504 very hard to find but Advance Auto Parts has it here, for 10 bucks a quart no point in searching that one out.

Pennzoil Euro oils in general are not commonly on the shelf around here and when they are it's usually just quarts so it ends up being much more again.

This has been my experience as well. Lately I've been doing the FCP Euro lifetime warranty oil changes, so it costs me $13 in shipping basically per change. For other euro cars I service if I need to pick up oil it's been Castrol 0w40 or lately Valvoline Euro 5w40 as those have been the easiest to find. The last time I saw Pennzoil Euro it was at WalMart, and like you stated it was around 10-11 bucks a quart. They didn't even have the full 7 quarts I would need for my car, but then again my local WalMart isn't great at stocking oil.
Pay using Paypal and then you can get your return shipping refunded up to 12x a year. Free.

Euro L 5w30 is available at most Walmarts but it doesn't have any VW approvals, but it is a Euro oil with some approvals (low saps).

Euro LX 0w30 is VW 504 very hard to find but Advance Auto Parts has it here, for 10 bucks a quart no point in searching that one out.

Pennzoil Euro oils in general are not commonly on the shelf around here and when they are it's usually just quarts so it ends up being much more again.
But now the thinking is that QSUD 5W40 is the same as Penzoil Euro correct?

I've been using PPEuro 0W-40 in my car. I'm actually going to do a change this weekend. Great oil, no consumption, still lubricating, but my OCD is making me keep the numbers easier.

I get it from walmart's website all the time. It goes in and out of stock often though. Going to try to stick with it as long as I can.

Thanks for the invite, but CBSA says otherwise.... :)
(and whenever I checked, your oil prices are crazy higher than in the States...at least where I checked; Costco, Walmart, "Crappy Tire" and Lordco)
$16 Snow Mexican Pesos/jug.

Attachments

• 827EDA9C-4245-4705-8CBE-626A4E358492.jpeg
    827EDA9C-4245-4705-8CBE-626A4E358492.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 87
I have exclusively used PP on my vehicles over the last 15 yrs (always buy at WM) and occasionally chose Mobil1 but my preference has always be PP. In my MB could find the speced fluid in WM for whatever reason so I went to the website and found authroized distributors and go there and they have all kinds of fluids incl. the ones speced for MB. It so happens to be a trip to these distributors but its OK, WM cannot store every boutique oil on their shelves. In short my MB is on PP and know where to get it if WM doesn't carry it.

Where are you finding those gems? I'd be all over a bunch of those at that price...could use them in the BMWs and Ferrari!
Canadian Tire. Almost everything at Cannuck Pneus will go on sale for at least 50% off at some point. I waited for the “Black Friday” sale, was 55% off, then Pennzoil was offering a $10/jug rebate. Cleaned out two stores.

Currently shopping for an F430, so can use it in that as well as both BMW.

Probably because I could run this and supertech Syn in two identical engines and would not see a bit of difference before the rest of the car fell alart.
Depends on the engine. On a modern turbocharged engine you certainly would see a difference.

Originally Posted by TheIceStormof06
Thanks for everyone's input. Most of the responses here have been about availability and pricing. I can easily source the Pennzoil locally and online.

Can we take those two factors Out for a moment and discuss the technically attributes and advantages that each possess?

LX looks really good. Others, are OK. 5W40 that I use is OK. I cannot say anything else bcs. we do not know Noack or HTHS. Based on latest PDS, amount of GTL base went down bcs. pour point increased from -45 to -36c. KV100 is 12.8, which puts it is light W40 category and my "guesstimate" would be HTHS of around 3.6.
So, unless we are talking Noack around 7%, this oil is good, but not worth of turning world upside down to get it. Based on Noack of BMW TPT which is made by SOPUS, Naock of 5W40 is probably around 9%. Which would still be good.
However, DEFINIATELY not worth of $10 a quart when equally good oils or better are available at better price.
It’s funny that you now say that Pennzoil Euro 5w40 is “OK.” Couple months ago when I asked about it in a different post you said that you put it in the same category as Mobil 1 and Castrol 0w40 both of which are awesome. It seems like you tend to give inconsistent “advice.”

Regardless, I ended up putting it in my BMW with N62 engine. It is working very well so far and I like it.

It’s funny that you now say that Pennzoil Euro 5w40 is “OK.” Couple months ago when I asked about it in a different post you said that you put it in the same category as Mobil 1 and Castrol 0w40 both of which are awesome. It seems like you tend to give inconsistent “advice.”

Regardless, I ended up putting it in my BMW with N62 engine. It is working very well so far and I like it.
I did. But I had second thoughts after seeing some UOA. There seems to be flashpoint drop that is much more significant than comparable M1 or Castrol. I am also not that thrilled with the new SP version drop in Zinc levels.
But, it is Shell, it is in the same category as M1 or Castrol. They have their own average oils all over the place.

I haven’t been able to find it for a decent price. Castrol LL is available in 5qt jugs at Walmart pricing. Very, very hard to beat that for my (now) VW 504 needs.

Back