Why isnt there more love for Quaker State?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tiger862
Me personally I don't like Pennzoil or Quakerstake oil. I ran Quakerstake in a Vue and it used a quart within a couple of thousands miles and valves got noisy so I went to Pennzoil oil didn't drop until 4k. I ran Maxlife and didn't lose a quart between changes of 5k or once a year. My Caravan had Pennzoil from the factory and dropped a quart at 4k so I changed it with Napa then Havoline ProDs which neither lost any between changes. My mother uses Pennzoil in her Impala and it just started using oil between changes.

What vehicle did you use it in?

Oh man, you broke up the love in this thread
mad.gif

Originally Posted by 4WD
Oh man, you broke up the love in this thread
mad.gif

We're looking for more Love! Hahahaha

Originally Posted by ad244
Originally Posted by tiger862
Me personally I don't like Pennzoil or Quakerstake oil. I ran Quakerstake in a Vue and it used a quart within a couple of thousands miles and valves got noisy so I went to Pennzoil oil didn't drop until 4k. I ran Maxlife and didn't lose a quart between changes of 5k or once a year. My Caravan had Pennzoil from the factory and dropped a quart at 4k so I changed it with Napa then Havoline ProDs which neither lost any between changes. My mother uses Pennzoil in her Impala and it just started using oil between changes.

What vehicle did you use it in?

Three different vehicles. 2006 Saturn Vue, 2012 Impala and 2018 Dodge Caravan. On the Impala it comes out looking like it was in there for 20k. I am working on her to change to another oil but my dad told her never use anything but Pennzoil. The Impala goes by OLM with 30 % left so it close to 7k.

Originally Posted by ad244
I was thinking about this some more and it kind of seems like more and more people are jumping off the Mobil bandwagon and onto some of the other smaller oil brands (perhaps even Castrol?).

It is interesting to wonder why? better bargains?

What is a better bargain than M1 @ $22.98 + $$9.98 M1 filter - $17 rebate?

$15.96 for 5qt of premium oil and above average filter?!?
That's a screamin' deal.....
And it's on most months of the year....

Originally Posted by talest
In Walmart. Got Royal Purple for $40.98

QSUD (which I have in my car now... 1.5k out of 10k OCI) $19.97.

The QSUD is probably better oil than the Royal Purple (turning jug around... 0W-20 API Service SN, not special anymore.. QSUD probably has more too.) Discuss.

M1 $22.88 on rollback, $25.77 for EP and AP coming in at $39.84. Not one AP sold. Some EP sold. 0W-16 shelf full. 0W-20 sold out. 0W-30 one left. That's the AFE section. 0W-40, 5 quarts $22.88, 3 left....

I'm seeing the same thing … PP, QSUD, M1 EP sells well … almost like AP draws attention to EP … Then they drive a portion of the 15k claim, and change it.
guess they could rebottle the tanks full as EP and move on.

I tried it about 5-6 years ago in a commuter car I had, Chevy cavalier, oil consumption jumped up noticeably. That never made any sense to me and I never ran it in something else.

Back in the 60s and 70s if you bought a used car from a QS user expect the view under the valve cover to look like black candle wax was poured in there. Hard to get over that view. If they used Havoline it was pristine clean.

Back in the 60s and 70s if you bought a used car from a QS user expect the view under the valve cover to look like black candle wax was poured in there. Hard to get over that view. If they used Havoline it was pristine clean.
formulas have changed, what 15 times? since then? in the 70s oil was a group 1 and had a green tint. the most expensive 70s conventional oil wouldnt be as good as plain Jane quakerstate today.

QSUD 5W30 for DI engines is worth considering : One of the synthetic oils using the lowest amount of VII's adders, low NOACK and a good shot of moly .

For a long time I was using QSUD as my base oil change package for customers and ran it in my RAM until the warranty was up when I switched to what I use in all my other vehicles - Mobil 1. It used to be $17 a jug at Walmart but now I use ST Syn for my basic oil changes for under $15 a jug. I never felt any difference in ANY oil in my engines. I did like the light color of QSUD vs the darker M1 colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back