Why is this happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two laptops both with Win 10 and using chrome as the browser. Both are synced with chrome. When I attempt to use the secondary laptop I must sign in to every forum, email, anything/everything that requires a sign in. When I return to the main laptop I am signed out of everything and must sign in all over again. This, in turn, removes all sign in info from the secondary computer so it's a vicious circle. Once signed in (on either one) I can continue to use it and remain signed in to all forums, etc. but cannot switch back and forth without the dreaded "start all over" sign in baloney. This is not new, it's been this way from the getgo.

My gal also has two laptops and has no such problem at all. She can go from one to the other and remain signed in to all items that require it or use both at the same time if required.

Why? How do I correct this? It is merely an inconvenience but when you're dealing with a dozen or more sign ins it's a big pain in the arse.

It has to be something within the settings of your Chrome browser or google account. There are options for what is sync'd up with other devices. I would check those settings and see if a few of the boxes are unchecked.

ALL boxes are checked as far as chrome sync. My error, she has three laptops and no constant sign in buggery required on any.

No and no.

I did discover that the secondary notebook was not using the most recent update of chrome while the primary was. I'll check this out later when I have a bit more time. Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Making sure that both were synced and had the same version of Chrome did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back