Why is the letter "I" red, when I type it?

I type the letter "I" such as the beginning of this sentence. It is automatically changed to a red color font. Does anyone have this observation and why would this occur? It's only on this forum, generally only the start of a sentence, and I don't know why.

I don't see to have that. Browser issue, some sort of grammar checker installed? Too many years since I took an English class, but something about your initial sentence makes me want to rewrite it, so I wonder if a grammar checker is upset.

I don't know. See, it did it here. It does not appear in red font after I submit my comment, just when I type it. It's not a grammar issue, not an issue with lower case, etc. I cannot figure it out (the red font did not occur on this last sentence, which is odd; only on the first sentence).

I don't know. See, it did it here. It does not appear in red font after I submit my comment, just when I type it. It's not a grammar issue, not an issue with lower case, etc. I cannot figure it out (the red font did not occur on this last sentence, which is odd; only on the first sentence).
it is at your end. what browser and addons do you have?

i get red underline for words that my browser thinks are incorrectly spelled (deliberately done in this sentence).

No change in font color.

I believe this is a browser setting, and I also think this is more of a forum question, so I'm moving this thread there.

Doesn't matter if I start the sentence off with a lower case or capital (i,I) doesn't turn red I'm using chrome browser on an Android phone. I'll have to check my Galaxy tablet or iPhone later on. Probably just a spell checker sniffing for proper grammar

1643493573087.jpg

Since my phone recently updated, my browser (Opera) also developed some weird problems. It happens on other forums, so it isn't specific to BITOG. I suspect the 'red I' effect is a similar glitch that started after an update (???)

Back