Why I have stuck with Amsoil.

Jay Riley

Sorry I have a opinion.No I am not carrying water for Amsoil.I have used MB1 in the past,and I learned that if a engine has a leak,MB1 will find it.I don't have ANY experience with any other oils so I didn't comment good or bad. The SS says 25k under regular use(I would not)I will stick with what makes me warm and fuzzy. I know all Syns. are so much better then 10 years ago.SS is the first oil which I seen that gave the extended OC on its label.MB1 may now but they never did before.Who else let's out that secret info? I do run the MB1 high mileage filters.Have a good day.

Last edited:
SOME of amsoils products are surely better, BUT at triple the cost of todays cheaper fake synthetics + IMO not worth the $$$ except in extreme conditions

Reactions: JC1
Ahh... the inevitable Fake synthetic comment. I actually am starting to get disappointed when I don't see them.

All I know is, if something is too good to be true, it probably is.
Without evidence, through scientific testing, it is, at best, an educated guess or opinion.
If Amsoil was really that much better, it seems to me everyone would know.
Dealers would put it in every engine to make them last forever.

Of course, I may be outta my mind...

Amsoil has done a better job in recent years with their marketing. While in the past it was a bit questionable, the real issue I had was their army of dealers. I don't like how the product is sold. I have nothing against the oils or company as I do think they are excellent.

4WD

Thinking Tig must have a secret pile of bad gaskets he never told us about … some of them 40 years old !
So, what else are you hiding Tig ? 👀😷