Why gumout larger bottles AutoZone? Smaller elsewhere?

At AutoZone,the gumout products are in bigger bottles.walmart advance auto sells them much smaller containers.yet directions the same.high mileage 18 gallons.all in one 25 gallons. Are they the same big and all bottles? Huge price differences too.think it's good use highileage everything? Not including cost..including piston tops clean .worth it?I use Lucas ucl. I'm Gunna use it for a while, and next plug wire change get a borescope in. GM 3.8 v 6. Wires notorious for breaking n melting ..so Gunna wait till it's time.

Attachments

• IMG_20230119_195615.jpg
    IMG_20230119_195615.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20230119_195611.jpg
    IMG_20230119_195611.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 50
Most places only price match on identical products. Tide laundry detergent is like 4oz off from the Tide sold at Menards.
I find it interesting that companies can spend time making different sized bottles(4-8oz difference) just to stop price matching.

If price matching was so bad, then retailers would not offer it.

Could these be run in maintenance doses? Fun thing I wanna try. I know older decline sl1 was 4.55 mil per gallon. I have 18 gallon tank so calculator...4.55 mlx18= 81.2ml something like that. 81.2 no converted too odd was3 ozs. Give or take.
What would be maintenance odd of gumout?

Might be a serious typo on Gumout's website

View attachment 136361

The smaller bottle treats more gallons per bottle... you would think the opposite.
I was looking more at the high mileage one. But I thought bigger bottles at AutoZone had more. Than the smaller bottles..don't know if ones more concentrated,or what.or if they were,the same thing.which makes no sense...because it makes me think,the AutoZone larger bottle,is like,liquid filler too?

The larger bottles are less concentrated.
The Gumout Q&A from several years ago, treat rate, and MSDS ranges more or less confirm this.
They basically said it was made for those retailers based on their perceived needs. Basically, it makes you think you're getting more goodie/better product, but you're not.

I usually don't care what the bottle says.... 1 bottle per tank. The bigger the tank, the bigger the bottle, or 2 if needed.

Current MSDS show all to be the same. So, we don't see the "less concentrated" at the website.

I doubt any are 'liquid filler'. Each store has the 'consumer base' that the store markets too. So, profit margin and price per bottle are considerations.

A small bottle is fine for your
And yes, techless writers and website clowns can make mistakes often. Treat rate is a bottle.

Using toptier fuel helps to reduce the worry when you shock the fuel system.

Concerning price matching: I printed off an Advance Auto parts listing to take to the store to save some time. The online price was lower than their store price so they matched their own price!

Current MSDS show all to be the same. So, we don't see the "less concentrated" at the website.
Current MSDS shows a range of PEA 10-30% and applies to both products.
I would estimate the 6oz bottle has 25-30% PEA and the larger bottle has 12-15%.
This has been discussed a number of times, but go on.

I don't estimate anything. Quit making stuff up.

I can care less what has been discussed by ignorant consensus fools.

Ever work in a chem bottling plant? Give you a little hint... we don't care what size bottle it is... the product all comes from the same tank, with the same MSDS, same formula... regardless of size. If anything is changed with the formula or recipe, it's then is a different product.

I don't estimate anything. Quit making stuff up.

I can care less what has been discussed by ignorant consensus fools.

Ever work in a chem bottling plant? Give you a little hint... we don't care what size bottle it is... the product all comes from the same tank, with the same MSDS, same formula... regardless of size. If anything is changed with the formula or recipe, it's then is a different product.
I referenced 3 sources of information: MSDS, Gumout Q&A, and bottle treat rates to make an educated analysis of what's going on.
You disagree, you're entitled to, but you could be decent about it.

I work in chemical facilities, I've made MSDSs, they are not fundamentally different products and 1 MSDS can cover the range.

MSDS are identical for the product size from their current website today.
GUM Q&A is useless, as are the writers of the "bottle dosing" recommendations.

Concerning price matching: I printed off an Advance Auto parts listing to take to the store to save some time. The online price was lower than their store price so they matched their own price!
Walmart does this also

Let me give a 4th piece of evidence.
The 12 oz bottle at autozone is $7.49, The 6 oz bottle is $6.39 at walmart/etc.
Do you really think you're getting double the goodie for ~$1 more? Since autozone is known for the best prices around?
I rest my case. Have a good weekend.

I usually don't care what the bottle says.... 1 bottle per tank. The bigger the tank, the bigger the bottle, or 2 if needed.

I doubt any are 'liquid filler'. Each store has the 'consumer base' that the store markets too. So, profit margin and price per bottle are considerations.

A small bottle is fine for your
And yes, techless writers and website clowns can make mistakes often. Treat rate is a bottle.

Using toptier fuel helps to reduce the worry when you shock the fuel system.
They may use the same SDS, since the hazardous components are the same... but that's why the PEA is given in a wider range, to encompass both SKU's.

The larger bottle... the website is wrong, says the larger bottle with 2x volume does not treat 2x the gallons, instead treats the same as the 6oz bottle, so you're paying more to treat same gas volume. Sounds like a better deal to some people.

Went to AZ for throttle body cleaner
106BC92A-DD7F-4D94-8510-DA7598EEFDA4.jpeg

Last edited:
I know redlinesi-1 , maintenance dose is 1 1/2 oz per 10 gallons,or was .
So would gumout be The same? I don't think humour was meant too be maintenance doses. Just a fun thought,itch I thought about trying. Pour 3 oz sum out with my Lucas ucl ,for 18 gallons fuel.

Autozone is less concentrated than regular gumout 6oz when I check it before 2019 21 gallon treats rate but now 19 gallon But another way to check more pea is darker colors more pea in general layman terms. Auto has bigger bottles so people think you get more . Gumout make so they make changes base on autozone requirements.

Back