why does this board censor more than network TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZZman
I wish things were censored more in society. It is getting bad!

I am glad they censor some things here.

:)

I keep wishing an open source DVR project (e.g. mythtv) would incorporate voice recognition to auto censor anything it plays... dvds, regular tv, etc. It wouldn't even need to have that good of voice recognition software if it could use the closed captioning as hints.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Originally Posted By: moribundman
I frequently find post content a lot more offensive compared to foul language.
wink.gif

But that's more subtle than saying [censored] outright. We appreciate effort, artistry, finesse, and cleverness.

I have never found subtlety to be recognized on BITOG. The opposite is the case, and points have to be driven home with a sledge hammer.

Never bring a foil to a club fight ..my fine and articulate friend.

FENCING.gif
caveman3.gif

Imagine a bunch of 60 year old "gentlemen" sipping brandy, polishing their guns, and talking about the good ole days when you could hire a dozen men for a dime a week to put up your mansion, and they wouldn't complain!

Put your girlfriend's father, your bosses' boss from corporate, and a humourless parole officer in the room. Now would you cuss in front of this crowd?

Seriously I've been tripped up over bee-jay's wholesale trying to talk about the cases of oil there.
smirk2.gif

It took a while ..but read it again.

If you're in a locker room ..fine.

Put yourself in mixed company ..where discretion would be wiser
21.gif

Oh ..and I'm a social moron. I've had smiling and engaging people go deadpan on me due to my "raw candor". I tend to preface some discussions with the disclaimer as to warn them that I may offend.

Edit: Think "rhetorical moral view"

Last edited:
Back in the dark days of Linux (1995) I had a CD drive that was mostly supported but required some source code level changes to get the best use. It was made by Matsushita, the parent company of Panasonic, but I could never ask questions in internet forums about it from school because our filters wouldn't let me type the last syllable. Every query I made looked like, "I have a problem setting the base address on this 2x Matsu****a CD drive that attaches to my SB16." Stooopid nannies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back