Why can't I click the links in a Word document I saved?

So as not to keep 50 tabs open on the browser for webpages I just found but want to look at at a later time, I copied their address to this Word document,

websites.jpg

I see Word saved them as links. Great I thought, don't have to copy and paste the links to the address bar to see the webpage again. But when I click on them in the Word doc, I get this,

warning.png

Why?

Links in documents (word, excel, etc) are problematic in my experience. Why not save them in a bookmarks folder in your browser? I use a folder labeled "Temp" for stuff I am going to come back to. Then there is no interpretation between software.

Is it possible you don't have a default web browser set in Windows, or that the browser which used to be default has since been uninstalled?

Open "default apps" (first picture), then have a look at the section the shows your default browser - or lack thereof (second picture).

1.jpg

2.jpg

It may take holding CTRL as noted above, or copying the link into a browser.

Bookmarking in the browser should be less work than creating a Word document. In Firefox, when I click "Bookmarks" in the toolbar, the third choice in the menu that drops down is "Bookmark All Tabs..."

That allows you to create a folder with links to all tabs open in the current window.

Back