Who makes this oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spotted some new oil filters at Canadian Tire I haven't seen before. They're called Motomaster OE Plus. Made in the US, rated for 16,000km, synthetic blend media, metal end caps, and silicon ADBV. I don't recognize the base plate design at all, but they at least look like decently constructed filters. I don't think I'll ever end up trying them, but I am curious if anyone knows who makes these.

[Linked Image]

I like the "up to 99% efficiency" rating
lol.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

CT also has a more value oriented oil branded "Certified." This is the first time I've seen oil filters bearing the name. I didn't take any pictures of those filter, but they're clearly Fram filters from the baseplate design. The box diagram shows fiber end caps as well. Interestingly the anti-drain back valve is black rubber, not silicone like the regular orange cans.
[Linked Image]

Based on the part numbers, I'd say Fram, which IIRC is under the Champion umbrella.

Last edited:
Probably Champ made. Messing with the photo exposure of the shot down the baseplate hole, looks to have a metal louvered center tube.

Looks like Champ Labs to me. Mostly because of the metal wrap collar around the baseplate, that usually has an epoxy type glue in the seam. And coo. Pics of internals at least bypass, would be helpful.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Looks like Champ Labs to me. Mostly because of the metal wrap collar around the baseplate, that usually has an epoxy type glue in the seam. And coo. Pics of internals at least bypass, would be helpful.

In the second pic at the bottom of the box it shows made in USA.

Originally Posted by benhen77
Based on the part numbers, I'd say Fram, which IIRC is under the Champion umbrella.

Champ is not associated with Fram anymore.

There are several companies that use the Fram numbering system (like Supertech).
I wish all would agree on a system, would make it much easier to compare filters.

If it has a blue bypass valve, that guarantees it is a Champion (which I am 99% sure it is anyway).

I saw the imprinted symbol/letter which Champ uses on some of their filters, couldn't tell exactly whether letters or triangle symbols. Some like the old STP and ST have a Y and a number. Some like Amsoil and RP have a ZZ. And some Champ Labs have one bigger inlet hole, which topic does not. In any case, comparing topic to the Amsoil and RP here , fairly certain it's a Champ Labs made filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back