Who makes this filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a NAPA ProSelect filter, guy said it was WIX but something about it seems Purolator-y. Don't all WIXs use the upfront bypass?

filt.png

filt2.png

I took that exact filter off my Tribute about 3 weeks ago. From what I've read here, they are good filters.

Look on the side of the filter - should say "Affinia". That means it's part of the Wix family.

I thought they were being made in China now, but perhaps (hopefully), I'm wrong.

Looking thru the center hole it looks like a Chinese made 'Parts Plus' filter that I bought online. I'm sure it will be fine for a 3 to 5K OCI.

Wix, but it's not to be confused with napa gold/wix brands. AFAIK it has less media, maybe even a different cheaper media. though thats a hunch as I have never cut one open.

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
Wix, but it's not to be confused with napa gold/wix brands. AFAIK it has less media, maybe even a different cheaper media. though thats a hunch as I have never cut one open.

Exactly. The Napa ProSelect is their bargain/cheap filter made for them by Wix. The ProSelect line replaced the old Silver line. ProSelect and the Napa GOld are both Wix made but the Napa Gold is the Wix retail equivelant.

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
AFAIK it has less media, maybe even a different cheaper media. though thats a hunch as I have never cut one open.

your right,less media and thinner media I've dissected many,there a 3-5k filter max IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back