Who makes the Mopar 5038041AA filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
.... Yeah, when using the Wix filter lookup tool and you do a cross reference against 5038041AA part number, it brings up 57063. But strangely, when you look up by car make/year/model/engine, it brings up a different filter (57899 or 57899XP). Weird.

Exactly. My last post was going to reference that fact. Yes, weird. Without doing more research wondering what the major difference is. Normally if different, I trust the look up reference spec over a cross reference result. Here, not sure.

However, now confident the SRT labeled filter is Wix made.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
It is Wix
thumbsup2.gif

The Wix part number is 57063

Thanks. Yeah, when using the Wix filter lookup tool and you do a cross reference against 5038041AA part number, it brings up 57063. But strangely, when you look up by car make/year/model/engine, it brings up a different filter (57899 or 57899XP). Weird.

It appears that Wix only says to use the 57063 for the Hellcat and Demon, and the 57899 for the NA V8's. I emailed Wix to ask them why
crazy2.gif

Also, Napa's stock image for the Napa Gold 7063 shows a silicone ADBV

Taking a step back, I am actually not 100% sure that my 6.4 calls for that Mopar 5038041AA filter. That is what Amazon is telling me, but they could be wrong, of course. Not sure how I could verify. i guess I would have to crawl under the car and see what's there, and that's assuming the factory filter has a part number listed on it.

Fram lists the PH/TG/XG2 series filter for the 2018 6.4L. Dimensions are very close to the 57063 and the bypass specs are the same, 12psi. 5/7899 just slightly shorter, but has 16 psi bypass. Considering everything, I'm thinking Wix needs to adjust their look up reference for the 6.4L.

OK, so I may have been misinformed by Amazon. According to my Dodge parts dept, the correct filter for my car is Mopar 4884899AC, which does cross reference to Wix 57899 with the 16 PSI bypass. So it looks like Wix catalog cross reference may be correct after all.

Apologies for the confusion.

OK, so I may have been misinformed by Amazon. According to my Dodge parts dept, the correct filter for my car is Mopar 4884899AC, which does cross reference to Wix 57899 with the 16 PSI bypass. So it looks like Wix catalog cross reference may be correct after all.

Wix responded back to the email I sent them earlier, and they wanted the full VIN

Is the 392 considered an SRT model?

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Wix responded back to the email I sent them earlier, and they wanted the full VIN

Yeah, they asked me for a VIN as well, which I provided to them, but have not yet heard back.

Quote:
Is the 392 considered an SRT model?

Yes, it's SRT 392.

But apparently it does not use the SRT filter. Go figure, LOL. As you mentioned earlier, only the Hellcat and Demon use that SRT filter.

From a Challenger forum, FWIW:
Quote:
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1713673&postcount=98

SRT engineer round table Q&A April 15, 2014

Q. A lot of owners are starting to use the SRT Viper oilfilter on their 5.7, 6.1 and 6.4 engines (SRT filter # 05038041AA). Is thereany advantage (or disadvantage) in using this filter vs. the standard Moparfilter?

A. The SRT Viper filter flows better than the stockPurolator filter and requires a higher differential pressure to bypass thefilter at cold starts and high demand (Meaning the SRT Viper filter bypassstays closed more often and filters more oil). Both filters will work on the5.7/6.1/6.4.

http://www.drivesrt.com/news/2013/10/gre...efficiency.html

When an SRT owner takes their vehicle to a driving eventwith the specific intent of exploring the far reaches of the performanceenvelope, they can rest assured that the 6.4-liter HEMI engine will sustain proper oil-pressures in extreme corneringconditions. For track-day use, SRT engineers suggest using the SRT oil filter(part number 05038041AA). Originally designed for Viper applications, it worksgreat with all Chrysler V8 engines. The SRT filter features a higherdifferential pressure bypass valve and reduced pressure loss across the filterelement

"From the SRT Engineers:

The SRT oil filter for all the past engines and the new22mm inlet SRT filter for the Gen 4 and beyond engines share the samecharacteristics. We worked with many of the filter suppliers to get the bestfeatures. Some fell out for various performance reasons but we ended updeveloping the current SRT filters with one of the mainstream manufacturers (itis different than their commercial offerings - or at least was when wedeveloped it). The high flow oil pumps in our large engines (Viper is thebiggest) can overpower the internal relief valve. When this valve opens itallows some of the high pressure dirty oil to bypass the filter element inorder to keep the filter from being damaged. The SRT filters do indeed have ahigher differential bypass valve to make sure all the oil delivered to yourpowerplant is clean. The housing is slightly thicker than many of the brandsout there to handle the pressure but is not the thickest. The real thick onesfailed our development testing (fractured at the crimped flange). The mediaused was one of the latest synthetics that allowed very fine filtration, moredebris capacity, and much lower restriction than our standard Mopar filter (andjust about every other filter out there).

Quote:
The SRT filter features a higherdifferential pressure bypass valve

SRT filter bypass valve: 12 psi
Non-SRT filter bypass valve: 16 psi

Something does not add up here.

On my then 2016 Challenger R/T 5.7 6 speed, only 2 oil filters kept the engine quiet on start up after sitting two weeks or longer. The SRT oil filter and FRAM XG2. Zero difference on cold/hot oil pressure.

Quick update: WIX rep finally responded and essentially confirmed the above info:

Originally Posted By: WIX Catalog Department
After verifying with two local Chrysler dealers here locally. The actual Chrysler part number for the 2018 Dodge Charger SRT 6.4L is 4884899AC and crosses to 57899 and that matches the application listing.

The Chrysler part number that you supplied 5038041AA goes to Dodge Viper SRT-10 V10 8.4L and crosses to 57063.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back