Who makes the best IR thermometer gun ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know about any other better recommendations, but you can Google it or check out Sears.

I think the one I have is a Ratech, I have had it for a few years and it is fine.

Not familiar with IR thermometer guns, but I'm a big Snap-On fan and I've never been disappointed with anything from them.

You need to give a price range. I think you can get ones for $20 at Radio Shack and up to hundreds at other places. The better ones have a laser so you know what you are aiming the guy at.

You say best then you are looking at a $54 gun. Do you mean best for around $50? I'd look at Raytek's offerings, they make great guns and are the manufacturer of Snap-on's guns.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Not familiar with IR thermometer guns, but I'm a big Snap-On fan and I've never been disappointed with anything from them.

When did you start your Snap-On collection? Back in '93?
wink.gif

Raytek is owned by Fluke and actually produces the more expensive Fluke guns. Dollar for dollar they are hard to beat, and are of good quality.

I just snagged a Raytek ST60 XB pistol-grip IR thermometer a couple of weeks ago based on this excellent advice. Quite a bit less expensive than the Flukes- unfortunately, they may be phasing out the Raytek line (?) and if so I would suspect profit/greed.

It is a great tool. THANK YOU BITOG FAMILY for the advice!!!!!

Raytec or Fluke, either is # 1.
The dropping of the Raytec name...is this a national problem now, created by GM ???
This, IMO, is not good.
I have a HF which works OK and is less costly as well. And these heat thermometers have so may uses.
I know which walls are insulated and which are not..

I have a Raytek and love it. I purchased mine on Amazon. I have a coal stove and have been wanting to check temps on exterior of it for a while. This model works great and has a nice wide range of temps.

I have the MT6: http://www.raytek.com/Raytek/en-r0/Produ...eld/Default.htm

If you're looking to pick on up for occaisional use and don't want to spend that $$$$$, look on Harbor Freight at thier Cen-tec. It's cheaper and probably works just as well. My Raytek was manufactured in China (as most IR thermometers are). Just some more food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back