Who makes Motorcraft tie rod ends?

I’m shopping around for new tie rod ends for my 2002 F150 2WD. Can’t seem to locate any TRW or Deeza parts anymore… Does anyone know who makes Motorcraft tie rod ends?

Thanks

Depends which application, and which product line. Most of what I've seen in their "Value" range (with a "V" in the long Ford part number) is made by Moog.

Depends which application, and which product line. Most of what I've seen in their "Value" range (with a "V" in the long Ford part number) is made by Moog.
Yes, different applications have different vendors. I'm sure the EcoSport which is made in India uses a different tie rod vendor than a US made Super Duty.

TRW/ZF seems to be the main supplier for the US OEMs these days. I could have seen a Lemforder logo on the boot of a ball joint for a Explorer.
I tend to favor their ball joints and steering components because they are sealed.

From my recent experience, the made in USA parts purchased for my truck were the lowest quality and most problematic replacement parts.

(But this may have been a FCA issue.)
I don't know where you buy your auto parts, but are you aware of counterfeit auto parts? I have never bought of a product of any kind that says "Made in USA" on it in my entire life that is of low quality, (maybe, it's just me or pure luck, perhaps?). And I am 65 years old. The tools that I inherited from my late father, were around 70 or 80 years & they still functioned as they used to and they are all Made in USA, well there are some that are German made tools that are Gedore brand.. Then when I die, my oldest kid gets these tools. When I go to an reputable Auto shop like O'Reilly, Autozone, NAPA and I always ask them, "get the one that is American made". If they don't, then my last resort comes into play.
https://www.me.ford.com/en/afg/ownersite/counterfeit-parts/

Last edited:
Back