Who makes Honda's oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of buying a quart and sending off a VOA.
dunno.gif

Anecdotally I have been told Exxon/Mobil, but I have no factual basis for believing or disbelieving.

This came up when I was trying to figure out what oil the Acura dealer is putting in my girlfriend's car (I recommend to her that she just follow the recommended service at the dealer for warranty purposes and becuase she has no idea what service is required).

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
I was thinking of buying a quart and sending off a VOA.
dunno.gif

My recently purchased bottle of Honda Genuine HG 5W-20 motor oil very prominently states on both the front and back labels "Manufactured to Honda specifications by ExxonMobil".

I'd say that is pretty definitive!
grin.gif

If you want the VOA for it, look in the VOA forum for the post "Current 5W-20 Roundup" that I provided a couple of weeks ago. It has the Honda and several other 5W-20 VOA results posted.
smile.gif

Check the forums (VOA?) as I believe the speculation was that Exxon Superflo, $1.09 at A, is the same formula as Genuine Honda (at least the 5w20). Looked pretty darn close to me.

(The oil is draining now on my Accord....Mobil 1 5W20 next!)

Check the forums (VOA?) as I believe the speculation was that Exxon Superflo, $1.09 at A, is the same formula as Genuine Honda (at least the 5w20). Looked pretty darn close to me.

(The oil is draining now on my Accord....Mobil 1 5W20 next!)

Is this dino oil or semi-synth? My friend says when he gets his oil changed at the dealer they only use semi-synth Honda oil. I don't really believe him though, I think he's confused.

Just came from the Honda dealer this morning to get some ATF. The service manager said it was Mobil drive clean, not M1.

quote:

Originally posted by Schmoe:
Just came from the Honda dealer this morning to get some ATF. The service manager said it was Mobil drive clean, not M1.

I was at a shop to replace my shock and I saw the mechanic there get some new Honda 5w20. Next to it was the Mobil Drive Clean 5000. The bottle is same except for the label.

The mechanic told me that his customer always want something OEMed and want to pay premium!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back