Who makes a good grease gun?

We recently moved from Ohio to Idaho and my grease gun got ruined in the process. I stupidly left the cartridge inside and the gun got hot on the truck and everything leaked out. It was an old lubrimatic only $5 on clearance back when I bought it anyways so it gives me an excuse to upgrade.

Ordered a Rexbeti on Amazon. Worked fine, but leaks no matter which way you lay it or hang it. Don't know if I should blame the gun or the grease (WD-40 Extreme Pressure). It's hanging on the garage wall right now with a grease-soaked towel under it.

Something else I'll probably put out at the curb, since I'm done buying old cars and I don't believe my Canyon or Mustangs have a zerk between them.

I know it is likely the grease that melted and leaked out and not the gun's fault but I still would like to purchase something more robust.

Given that it's not a high-use item for me I would rather have a manual one, plus I've never had good luck with battery longevity on cordless tools in the past.

Given the general consensus of the comments above I will look into getting a Lincoln. Thanks y'all

I have a Lincoln that works well when I use it. That's almost never because I always grab my DeWalt now. I have about 40 plus fittings on my stuff. I don't think my hands could make it past 10 with the pistol grip 🤣

From what I have experienced with grease in hot climates, is that it's against the law for ANY company to manufacture a grease that won't leak out of a gun when it's hot. I've gotten to the point that now I use a gun that takes those "mini cartridges". I keep the extra cartridges inside where it's cool. That way I only lose a few ounces. Every brand of grease and grease gun I've ever used has leaked in high, (100 F+) temperatures.

Didn't wanna dig around for my hand pump and i have more fittings to work on now so i ordered this:
Hope it works as well as its priced.

Attachments

• milwauke grease.JPG
    milwauke grease.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 4
I have the Ryobi 18volt and it works great! I us a Dewalt 20volt at work and it is def. heavier than the Ryobi and it puts out 25% less grease per min. For the money Ryobi. Money is no object Milwaukee

Once the oil leaks out the remaining grease turns too thick and out of grade. Don't use it or at least stir it back up. Must blend the oils back into the thick part.

Back