Who makes a decent printer these days?

I would suggest Epson as I have an epson Stylus cx5000 that still works well after 10 plus years,but cartridges are getting harder to find. I'd definitely go with a laser printer at this stage

I also have a Brother Laser, black and white only. It's serves its purpose just fine. printing envelopes is a bit of a pain.

I don't print photos often enough for it to be a worry, anymore I just use the kiosk at Walmart or Walgreens to do it.

I very well may just go all in and switch to a laser printer. My aunt switched to one last year and she's loving it.
Yup! We finally made the switch, could not be happier. Inkjet is terrible if you don’t use it every day. **** dried up, clogged nozzles. Spend more time doing the nozzle cleaning routines than actually printing anything. Laser can sit there for months without worry. Went black only and in two years has not been an issue.

I have had my Canon megatank printer for a couple days now and using it regularly and so far loving it. Setup was super easy, and I love that I no longer have to deal with cartridges, but rather refillable tanks. I'll do another review at 6 months and 1 year.

I have a Brother HL-5250dn that probably hasn't even printed 1k pages and it has stopped working but it's over 10 yrs old, I only remember replacing the toner at least once and it's still on the original drum unit so rather try to find someone to repair it I decided to buy a Kyocera P2040dw. I wanted basically the same as the old one, network capability (preferably wired) and duplex.

But yes stay with OEM cartridges, when I used to work tech support the schools ordered their own supplies and most times they went with the cheaper options and a lot of times it would explode inside the printer and is a huge mess to clean up, they ended up not letting them order ink/toner on their own anymore and had to request it from the main office as it was needed, each school also had at least 2 or 3 main MFC machines that all the teachers and staff used but those were outsourced with a vendor whom they had a contract with.

HP 1100 series laserjet printers have been bullet proof for me. Widely available refilled toner cartridges are a big plus.

Need suggestions for a new home office printer.

I currently have an Epson and I have to run a nozzle cleaning and head alignment EVERY time I print anything otherwise it WILL come out looking smeared and unreadable.

I also had two previous Epsons which were complete utter garbage so I want to avoid that brand entirely.

I need something that can print, scan and copy. It's been so long since I've bought a printer I don't know what's good anymore.
I've had an Epson WF-2530 all-in-one for eight years that gets used daily. It's been flawless compared to HP printers I've had. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Back