Who likes this car?

We drove one of these 2021 Carbon Edition (Kuro Edition in Canada) Mazda6 Turbo sedans yesterday. It ticks most of the boxes - it even has a spare tire and an engine oil dipstick. And I've watched a few videos - it would be relatively easy to service.

The interior is gorgeous with dark red leather seats and red stitching on black. We also admire the exterior styling. What we're doubtful about is the outside paint colour and especially those black wheels. When you only buy a new car every 15 or 20 years it has to be one you can live with for the long term.

I suspect the outside appearance is a love it or hate it issue. Who here likes the outside appearance, and who here dislikes it? For those who like it, if you wouldn't mind, tell us your age. I'm trying to figure out who the outside appearance appeals to.

Big N.O. to the wheels. Color is ok, if not a bit subdued. Could live without that tacked-on- looking chin spoiler. It adds nothing.

I love Mazda styling, and really dig their Ceramic color.

24-CX-3.jpg

I think the body is fantastic looking.

It conveys muscularity and agility without being "over the top" about it. I love the curved lines above the front wheels/arch to the cowling. Reminds me of some classic Jaguars, like an XK8. That car will age well.

Do not like the wheels or interior color. If I were "sold" on the car, I'd likely go with a signature edition in blue with a lighter colored interior. The pics of the interior make it look very appealing to me as it looks like it is driver/function focused and not overly complicated or techno-nonsense like I've seen in a number of recent Japanese cars. I'm a male, 50s. Also agree with the above that Mazda has had some impressive styling across its line lately. They did not go down the Transformer-like design rabbit hole as several makers have done.

If you love the interior, then go with that car. I think the exterior paint color is nice and would be my 2nd pic after blue. You can change the wheels or even paint them/have them painted.

Last edited:
Looks like it will age well, I like the Mazda deep red paint better but that one looks good overall. Interior isn't crazy either, if only the dang thing was rwd it would be amazing! I'm 45.

I like the overall design of the car but those wheels and the monster truck wheel gaps looks stupid. Looks like a special "BlAcKeD OuT" edition Buick Century or something.

Like pretty much all of it. Had I seen one a few weeks ago I might have got it instead of the MB. Not totally crazy about red, but could live with it. Get it...obviously you're hooked! (86YO).

I like the car, as i like mazda, but i hate the color scheme. I like dark wheels but not glossy black, and i hate big low pro wheels. Dont care for the mismatched red seats. If it has red seats, it needs some accents on the doors to tie it in. The body looks nice, but the battlship gray paint would never be my choice for a car.

nice looking color!

I thought you insisted on a manual transmission?

The Mazda 6 seats are comfortable and supportive on long drives. The radio/infotainment interface takes some getting used to and the dealer has to upgrade the software every so often. Usually when the radio starts to act flaky.

we have a 2018 and thats been the only issue through 40,000 miles. Since its a turbo, its just now due for spark plugs.

Last edited:
I like it with the exception of the black wheels. I don't hate them but I don't like them. Makes it look a little cheap/riced out. (37 btw)
I am not a fan of black wheels, it "nul" the rims. 10 feet away you have no clue what the rims look like. Rims make the car, black rims are "nul" so the very thing that makes a car look good, is gone.

It is a good looking car I like the body and interior colors, I'm somewhat ambivalent about the wheels, could live with them and they work overall, i just am not really keen on the black wheels thing. Id have the decklid spoiler painted body color so it doesn't look like an afterthought.

I would not buy it because of the leather, theres just no need, vinyl is as good and possibly more durable.

I can retire in a few years.

Black wheels won't look new for long. They will also show every bit of dirt / water spotting what will happen. If you got a good deal it wouldn't be a deal breaker. You can always change out the wheels.

Back