Who hates mice & rats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to clean a fair bit of rat droppings from my car when I got back from The Yook. There's no food but it has been very wet, so it'd be a dry refuge for them. (relatively, it leaks a lot).

Its a sub-compact though, so not really space for that thing.

I've been seen beating the bonnet (hood) of my previous car with a tree branch, a la John Cleeze, when I surprised nesting rats in the engine compartment.

I'm afraid of rats.

I have repaired some badly chewed wiring harnesses on vehicles that have had pests. It can be a nightmare depending on where and how extensive the damage is. We had a 2000-ish Honda Odyssey that took a few days to find all the damage and then it came back a few months later with more.

Last edited:
"Hate" is not in my vocabulary. The pic is cool though. lol

You always give me a good laugh StevieC, Ty

Originally Posted by StevieC
I have repaired some badly chewed wiring harnesses on vehicles that have had pests. It can be a nightmare depending on where and how extensive the damage is. We had a 2000-ish Honda Odyssey that took a few days to find all the damage and then it came back a few months later with more.

They seem to love Honda wires!

Originally Posted by Onetor
"Hate" is not in my vocabulary. The pic is cool though. lol

You always give me a good laugh StevieC, Ty

grin2.gif
My work here is done.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by StevieC

They seem to love Honda wires!

Yeah I think all the pest damage we have repaired was on Honda's mainly come to think of it. Not that we do a ton to really have a good sample size for statistics but of the ones we have done it has been mainly Honda.
21.gif

Don't care much for mice because they're always into things. Never had to deal with wild rats here but I imagine they're the same. Having owned pet rats in the past, they're probably some of the cleanest, most organized animals you can have. The only time they eat where they go caca is when they have no place else to go. Rats are actually the closest to human intelligence as we get in the animal kingdom. Yes, we're closer to rats intellectually than we are to primates believe it or not.

Cool...although his understanding of the potential risks of stored energy leave something to be desired

Originally Posted by Shannow
Cool...although his understanding of the potential risks of stored energy leave something to be desired

Yeah I didnt see the video until now...wouldnt load. That thing will kill someone.

I was braced for "smashed raccoon" footage but got the cutesy ending.

...... as if at the end of "Dirty Harry" in the quarry scene, Inspector Callahan missed Scorpio.

Spraying your engine compartment with peppermint oil (diluted) will keep mice away. They can't stand it.

Also, the reason they chew some wiring, mainly Asian cars, is because the wire insulation is made with peanut oil.

If ya don't know, now ya know.

Found myself setting some rat traps last week....one of my least favorite activities, just ahead of sitting for a root canal. Those things hurt like h3ll when you get popped.

Looked out the window a couple weeks ago to see a rat sitting on top of a potted plant trellis, drinking from one of my hummingbird feeders. NOPE. Double NOPE. I set several rat traps, and threw out two boxes of repellant (smells like mint), and I never caught him. Saw him make his escape into a neighbor's yard one night, and haven't seen him since. Hoping their dog got him.

We have had to do raised gardens because of the local rats taking bites out of all our produce. So far it's worked really well.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back