White honda odyssey yellowing........advice

Hi everyone
I just bought a used 2015 odyssey, white diamond pearl. It has a slight yellow tint on the top portion of the van.

What products would you guys recommend to bring it back to white? I have a random orbital polisher I can use.

I have read about Klassen AIO having some success, but never used the stuff.

Any advice would be awesome.
Thanks.

Maybe try some rubbing compound then wash/wax? Rubbing compound can do some amazing stuff 3m has been the best brand I've used

Klasse AIO was one of my mainstays when I detailed for a living. The formula was changed many years ago to be VOC compliant but it always worked well for me. I generally started off with a white pad (no cutting ability) and stepped up only if needed. The biggest mistake one can make is to use too much product, very little is required. You can test a spot on your roof using a foam wax applicator by hand.

Meg's #205 as 2010Civic recommended will certainly do the job but will require another step to seal the paint, it is strictly a polish.

With respect to the OP, we’re fifteen years into the 21st century and Honda cannot provide a consistent quality paint job to their new vehicles?

I realize other vehicle manufacturers have had paint quality issues in the past, if not currently, but sending vehicles off the assembly line with an Earl Scheib paint job is inexcusable.

Nicholas,

We’d appreciate a picture of the Odyssey paint issue, especially if you decide to try and correct it.

With respect to the OP, we’re fifteen years into the 21st century and Honda cannot provide a consistent quality paint job to their new vehicles?
Honda is not alone. Tesla, GM, Toyota, and others are putting out shameful paintwork from the factory.

Paint from every manufacturer gets thinner and thinner, but they're the worst I've seen.

Even when fresh, WDP isn't very "white."

In general, white paint is susceptible to dirt buildup that will prevent it from looking "white." A light machine polish should clean up the paint very well.

Honda is not alone. Tesla, GM, Toyota, and others are putting out shameful paintwork from the factory.

Paint from every manufacturer gets thinner and thinner, but they're the worst I've seen.
Yeah, I have to agree, I think most if not all of it is our throwaway society now. I mean most people lease or go Loan to loan on cars and the ones that dont' ? Well I dont know about everyone else but its TRULY a rare site in my community that you will ever see anyone waxing a vehicle anymore in their driveway. Washing I sometimes see and the ones that keep them washed or car washed just accept as the paint starts looking older and raggy. Vehicle manufacturers know this, we no longer have much attention span for the future, its what get a vehicle out of a showroom the fastest because they know that the car will have a new owner in 6 or less years.

I can say, so far (and I am sure there are others) my son works for BMW, so has BMW vehicles I marvel at the paint on his cars and remember back in time when most all vehicles were like that. IN fact I always comment to him about it, he keeps his cars waxed and washed but wow, its just apparent the moment you open the doors and look at the edges around the doors ect. You can feel the paint is more heavy and thick.
I dont have BMWs but I can see the value in them as one who admires construction keeping in mind the price which isnt all that much higher then the mainstream anymore (kind of)

In my experience virtually anything that is white begins yellowing from day one of its exposure to sunlight.

All the OP can do is polish and wax, I'm sure the clear coat is as thin as it can be!

Mazda was/(is?) having issues with the gorgeous red paint of theirs. Not sure if they've fixed the issues or not though.

Nicholas,

We’d appreciate a picture of the Odyssey paint issue, especially if you decide to try and correct it.
Hi guys.
I can post some pictures.
I recently had a panel replaced which really prompted all of this.
The sliding door panel is a different colour of white.
All my pictures are too large on my phone.

Even when fresh, WDP isn't very "white."

In general, white paint is susceptible to dirt buildup that will prevent it from looking "white." A light machine polish should clean up the paint very well.
What product would you use..........

Back