Which truck to buy?

I know this isn't what you're asking but man that's a lot to ask of a person to have them beat the heck out of their own vehicle for the company and just getting paid mileage.
I concur! Took a job a few years back with the same scenario (Even less mileage reimbursement) and covered an entire metro area. End result was that I burned-up my vehicle and put on approximately 70k miles in two years which did manage to drastically shorten the life of "my" vehicle. (Not the company's)

I also purchased tires, brakes and oil changes... Did not skimp on maintenance either! Yeah... guess which party made out the best in that deal....

They need to supply you a truck and a gas card . Are you going to tell your insurance company this truck is going to be used as a commercial vehicle? Up to 4,000 miles a month plus hauling stuff is a lot of action on that truck. A brand new truck could be a waste pile after two and a half years.
Absolutely! I know.... And I wasn't even hard on my vehicle! Miles add up along with all sorts of unseen things... In my case, I was definitely the loser on the deal. Live and Learn.

The one with the least amount of plastic.

Out of the cornucopia of thrown together pcb's and Harbor Freight level quality, I'd stay with GM so that when it starts falling apart you may be able to get better warranty service out of someone you know.

Are they paying all your miles or just ones you have to keep track of for work related hauls? That could be a huge difference.

Should at least give you monthly vehicle allowance they pay on top of the mileage

If not I would follow suit with the others and use what you got and let them pay the outsourced hauling cost. Sounds like they would pay you the .585 per mile no matter what you drive might as well just use what you have and not drop 35 on a new truck

A drop trailer would work well if you can add a hitch on what you have. But then again it’s just helping them profit and you do more work and spend more $ out of pocket

5ED05DF1-D822-46EC-8E39-D77E7AC41940.jpeg

Well within budget

Back