Which Tools from Sears?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
Some of the Lisle tools and NOS US made Craftsman tools they have may be worth grabbing but that's about it.
What happened to craftsman is GD shame.

I agree with this. The old Craftsman tools were top notch and with the lifetime warranty you could not go wrong. This hedge fund that has run Sears into the dirt sold out the Craftsman name and their reputation. It’s really a shame that so many people still think of Craftsman as the great tools they were. It’s all junk now.

For budget tools I like the Taiwan made stuff. For the average homeowner they will work fine. The best way to get tools now is to scour the garage sales or estate sales. You will get older USA made tools for a huge discount.

Stay away from Sears. They used to be a favorite of mine way back but the stores have been on the morphine drip for years now as the hedge fund owners bleed every nickel they can out if them. It’s a true disgrace.

The only thing making a profit at Sears is the Store Closing signs. Who makes these? They are making a killing. Look like the same font and colors for years from multiple Store brands and locations across the country.

Chinese garbage at Sears! Nepros tools (Japanese) are awesome, but expensive. German tools are outstanding and very very expensive.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

i have an ACE hard ware near by. that has the chraftsman line. is the craftsman line going to disappear?

No, it is not owned by Sears anymore but Stanley Black & Decker so its not going anywhere.
You wont find Proto or Facom quality bleeding off into the Craftsman line it has be relegated to homeowner/DIY status.

What made the Craftsman brand decent was they put the contract out for bids and many times got some really good manufacturers. I still have a pro wrench set that was made by SK, they are excellent and will never be seen again with the Craftsman name on them.

YBYA.
lol.gif

Sears had a lot of good stuff back in 70's and 80's. i was listening something the other night and they were talking about tools and how one of the side effects of cheap goods of all types has driven quality products right off the store shelves.
The more I think about it you cant go into a hardware store of place like Sears and actually buy a quality tool anymore.

I bought some new wrenches a few months ago and brought them back with me, very high quality stuff. What younger Americans accept as quality today is not much than chrome plated trash for the most part. I have seen a few posters on this board say if its not high polish its junk, they have been sold a bum bill of goods and they bought it hook line and sinker.

I grabbed a 12” Craftsman adjustable a few days ago …after snugging a nut ~ looked at the battle scars and realized it started life at a huge machine shop in 1974 ... Lost all the luster - yet it has no rust … that’s a beautiful tool
smirk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back