Which Synthetic To Use???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay fellas, I hear from some people that some synthetics out there are not "real" synthetics. I have Valvoline full synthetic 10w30 in my 4Runner. Which synthetics out there are real? I know Mobil 1 is, and Amsoil is also. How about the ones made by Pennzoil, Valvoline, Castrol, Motorcraft, Quaker State, etc?

quote:

Originally posted by Fuggrwe:
Okay fellas, I hear from some people that some synthetics out there are not "real" synthetics. I have Valvoline full synthetic 10w30 in my 4Runner. Which synthetics out there are real? I know Mobil 1 is, and Amsoil is also. How about the ones made by Pennzoil, Valvoline, Castrol, Motorcraft, Quaker State, etc?

If by "real" you mean PAO based, then Mobil 1, Amsoil, Pennzoil European Formula, and Quaker State European Formula are it.

I would go with Mobil 1 since it is a high quality synthetic oil, widely available and reasonably priced. M1 is hard to beat. Other than that I think Amsoil is the best full synthetic on the market. Further choices I would consider are Redline (expensive!) and Royal Purple or Shaeffer's (blend though).

quote:

Originally posted by Fuggrwe:

Where do the stats point differently for Penzoil and Q.S.'s 5-40's as being PAO and their 5-30's, 5-50's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back