Which sprayer should I buy

I have a need for a sprayer (I think) however, I have no clue what I should buy. Here are my requirements. I have 3 possible applications. First, I have some cedar siding that is high up and I would like to be able to apply an oil based sealant every couple years, preferably with a long extension. Secondly, I want a sprayer to apply fluid film on my cars. Third, in the future, I might want to do some painting on my house/furniture. Note, I will never want to do any type of automotive finishing so I don't need that type of sprayer. So my criteria is that it cannot cost me more than a couple hundred dollars. Note I do own a compressor already. I also want an efficient design. I once owned a Wagner airless and most of the paint turned to powder rather than land on the wall.

So based upon my needs, what technology would you consider?

I'm absolutely not qualified to suggest house painting guns. My experience is both Aerospace and Automotive. But I wanted to chime in here, because your post got me thinking about using my conventional Devilbis Primer gun for semi heavy-duty spraying jobs. The primer gun is capable of handling much "thicker" paints. It has larger openings.

When spraying aircraft primer, often a fairly thick coat of "fill-n-sand" type primer is required. The primer gun sprays this thick primer quite well, laying down a smooth but less than optically perfect layer. That's no matter, as it gets sanded smooth before the final white paint is applied.

I'm going to experiment with my primer gun and various home owner type paints.

Seems like a quality airless sprayer is what you are after. I've rented them and also used a Graco Magnum X5 which is in the homeowner range of quality (sub $300) and it worked good. You may need to order a separate gun to use with your compressor for the the Fluid Film. Others with more experience will chime in.

I have a need for a sprayer (I think) however, I have no clue what I should buy. Here are my requirements. I have 3 possible applications. First, I have some cedar siding that is high up and I would like to be able to apply an oil based sealant every couple years, preferably with a long extension. Secondly, I want a sprayer to apply fluid film on my cars. Third, in the future, I might want to do some painting on my house/furniture. Note, I will never want to do any type of automotive finishing so I don't need that type of sprayer. So my criteria is that it cannot cost me more than a couple hundred dollars. Note I do own a compressor already. I also want an efficient design. I once owned a Wagner airless and most of the paint turned to powder rather than land on the wall.

So based upon my needs, what technology would you consider?
Unfortunately you're going to need two sprayers. An airless sprayer, like a Graco, or Titan will do the cedar siding and apply fluid film. Unfortunately the price is going to be be a lot more than a couple hundred $$. HF has a cheap airless sprayer, but it isn't going to operate a pole gun very well. For the furniture you mentioned you'll need either an HVLP sprayer, or a paint gun you can attach to your compressor.

Low end airless will work fine for everything - just change the tip for the application. For furniture, use a hvlp cup gun.

Back