Which oils would you like to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren't many oils out there I wouldn't want to try, aside from the obvious PQIA list of shame members, and certain viscosity options from various brands. But, there are very many oils I'd like to try and simply never had the chance yet. I probably could never try everything I wanted.

After its made one day...Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w20 HM or PUP 0w30 would be great after 250,000 miles on the engine. Oh, and some of that Kmart Greased Lightning with PTFE on my door hinges.

I would like to try some expensive oils - oils are like wine, and I buy the cheapest I can find that do the job.

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
WARNING : OFFENSIVE CONTENT FOR THIN OIL ADVOCATES
Penrite HPR30 20W-60
Valvoline VR1 20W-50
Mobil 1 Racing 4T 15W-50
Penrite HPR15 15W-60
Mobil 1 10W-60 Motorsport formula
Shell Rimula R4X 15W-40 HDEO
Motul 4100 15W-50
Motul 4000 20W-50
These are oils i would LIKE to try at SOME point, will i try all of them ? Most likely not.

Then there are some living in the dark ages with old time beliefs...

I have never tried a HM oil yet. Thinking Maxlife
My daily driver (2010 Hyundai 2.4L w/116k) been using PYB. Don't know at what point to try HM or go synthetic. Or stay with PYB since no adding with 5k OCIs, no leaks.

Valvoline VR1 20w-50 for the Harley as I'm on my last fill of Amsoil. So maybe VR1 next OC.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
+1 ... FCD gets the gold with that reply ...;)

lol thanks
smile.gif

Thanks to Internet access and mail-order I've tried every commercially available oil that I wanted to try.

The only remaining oil I haven't tried is the Mugen Fish Oil of lore..

Thanks to Internet access and mail-order I've tried every commercially available oil that I wanted to try.

The only remaining oil I haven't tried is the Mugen Fish Oil of lore..

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I'd like to try a full sump of Valvoline Synpower 5W-40, but don't want to pay the single quart price.

NAPA will put the Synpower line on sale for $4.99/qt from time to time, and they stock the 5w-40. (or can get it).

Originally Posted By: Lubener
Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
WARNING : OFFENSIVE CONTENT FOR THIN OIL ADVOCATES
Penrite HPR30 20W-60
Valvoline VR1 20W-50
Mobil 1 Racing 4T 15W-50
Penrite HPR15 15W-60
Mobil 1 10W-60 Motorsport formula
Shell Rimula R4X 15W-40 HDEO
Motul 4100 15W-50
Motul 4000 20W-50
These are oils i would LIKE to try at SOME point, will i try all of them ? Most likely not.

Then there are some living in the dark ages with old time beliefs...

Anything under a 15W-40 HDEO is water to me yes... Straight 60 mixed 50/50 with Lucas is where it's at.

Honda 0w-16.

(Perhaps MGMO 0w-20, also. But that is more from a sense that I'm just paying an absurd sum of money for Sustina 0w-20, rather than from any real curiosity/desire to try the MGMO 0w-20.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back